Google crowdfund, crowdfunding, etc. and you can read for months or years about it! Crowdfunding is a dream in my view, but dreams do come true! However, Google “EB-5” in the news and you will see results. Round One: EB-5 one vs. Crowdfunding zero for investors!
The Good: Crowdfunding deals are working today and no investors = no SEC.
The Bad: Crowdfunding for regular investors is years away from seeing results thanks to the SEC.
The Ugly: Crowdfunding works today, so will the SEC end a good thing!
Bottom Line: Go to non-Crowdfunding event if you want funding!
Learn about our events for accredited investors to future investor through crowdfunding at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
DEALS THAT GOT FUNDED
More deals will be added in next 24 hours, but here are a few deals:
- Atlas Powered LLC, a Santa Monica, Calif.-based mobile platform that streamlines business productivity on smartphones, has raised $700,000 in seed funding. Backers include Tech Coast Angels, Maverick Angels and Pasadena Angels. www.getatlas.com
- Adometry Inc. (f.k.a. Click Forensics), an Austin, Texas-based provider of cross-channel attribution solutions, has raised $8 million in new VC funding. Shasta Ventures led the round, and was joined by return backers Austin Ventures and Sierra Ventures. The company previously raised around $21 million.www.adopmetry.com
- BuyBox, a France-based provider of social payment solutions for ecommerce companies, has raised €1.7 million in VC funding from Iris Capital and Midi Capital.
- Emerging Threats, a Lafayette, Ind.-based provider of open source and commercial threat and malware intelligence, has raised over $1 million in seed funding from Elevate Ventures, HALO Capital Group and Lawrence Ventures. www.emergingthreats.net
- Fixmo, a Toronto-based provider of mobile security and risk management solutions, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from Samsung Ventures. Existing Fixmo investors include Motorola Solutions Venture Capital, Paladin Capital Group, Horizons Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Rho Ventures Canada, iNovia Capital and Extreme Venture Partners. www.fixmo.com
- Kaneq Bioscience Ltd., a Montreal-based developer of an inhibitor for treating type 2 diabetes mellitus, has raised an undisclosed amount of VC funding from TVM Life Science Ventures.
- Iconicfuture, a Hamburg, Germany-based developer of branded virtual items in social games, virtual worlds and mobile applications, has raised €2.5 million in Series B funding from Creathor Ventures.www.iconfuture.com
- iPinYou, a Chinese demand-side platform, has raised $20 million in new VC funding. China Broadband Capital led the round, and was joined by Japan’s Vangoo Investment Partners and return backer Forward Capital. www.ipinyou.com.cn
- Ceterix Orthopaedics Inc., a Menlo Park, Calif.–based provider of surgical tools for arthroscopic procedures, has raised $19.5 million in Series B funding. Novo Ventures led the round, and was joined by return backers Versant Ventures and 5AM Ventures. www.ceterix.com
- Kareo Inc., an Irvine, Calif.-based provider of billing software for small medical offices, has raised $20.5 million in Series F funding led by Stripes Group, as first reported by VentureWire. The company previously raised more than $20 million from VC firms like OpenView Venture Partners, Greenspring Associates and Western Technology Investments. www.kareo.com
- Optimal, a San Francisco-based media acquisition and optimization platform, has raised $7 million in Series B funding. DoubleRock, The Social Internet Fund, Siemer Ventures, Signal Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank were joined by return backers like Stonnington Asset Allocation Fund, Neu Ventures and WGI Group. www.optimalsocial.com
- Parallels, a Renton, Wash.-based provider of hosting and cloud service enablement and desktop virtualization, has raised an undisclosed amount of equity funding from Cisco Systems. Existing Parallels shareholders include Intel Capital, Insight Venture Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners.www.parallels.com
- PayNearMe, a Mountain View, Calif.-based cash payment network, has raised $10 million in Series D funding. August Capital led the round, and was joined by return backers Khosla Ventures, Maveron, and True Ventures. www.paynearme.com
- BuildingIQ Inc., a San Mateo, Calif.-based provider of building energy management software, has raised $9 million in VC funding. Backers include Aster Capital, Siemens Venture Capital and Paladin Capital.www.buildingiq.com
- Radius, a San Francisco-based provider of sales and marketing intelligence for targeting the small business market, has raised $12.4 million in Series B funding led by American Express.www.radiusintel.com
- Syapse, a Palo Alto, Calif.–based provider applications that apply omics to routine medical use, has raised an undisclosed amount of Series A funding led by The Social+Capital Partnership.www.synapse.com
WHAT IS YOUR VALUATION
Contact JD Morris to find what the market price could be of your company or your deal at JDM.Networking@gmail.com anytime!
DEALS THAT CLOSED
Today more than 55 deals closed with 431 million in funding! Here are a few:
- Access MediQuip ( AccessMediQuip.com ) Lake Mary, Florida: Access MediQuip provides an integrated surgical and implant management solution (SIMS) program. The company provides payers with analytics to understand implant spend, manage and control the high costs of implants and surgeries, and improve the quality and safety of surgical procedures, all while maintaining full access and choice of implants for facilities, surgeons and, ultimately, patients. Amt: 46.85M; Round: Private Equity; Investor(s):Water Street Healthcare Partners, Mistral Equity Partners
- Axcient (axcient.com) Mountain View, California: Axcient offers data protection software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). The company’s hybrid on-premise and cloud data protection and business continuity service aims to make business continuity and backup simple for SMBs by delivering a secure and cost-effective way to ensure uptime and data recovery. Amt: 10.65M; Round: Series D; Investor(s): Allegis Capital, Scale Venture Partners, Peninsula Ventures, Thomvest Ventures
- BabyFirstTV ( babyfirsttv.com ) Los Angeles, California: BabyFirstTV is a network for children under three years old. The network features rich, innovative and educational content that is designed to introduce babies and toddlers to a variety of skills from language to math to music in a delightful and engaging way. Amt: 2.00M; Round: Undisclosed
- FireEye ( fireeye.com ), Milpitas, California: FireEye is a provider in stopping next-generation threats, such as zero-day and APT attacks, that bypass traditional defenses and compromise over 95% of networks. The FireEye solution supplements signature-based firewalls, IPS, anti-virus, and gateways, and provides cross-enterprise, signature-less protection against Web and email threat vectors as well as malware resident on file shares. Amt: 50.00M; Round: Series D; Investor(s): Norwest Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Silicon Valley Bank, Goldman Sachs, Juniper Networks
- Guavus ( guavus.com ) Foster City, California: Guavus has been built from the ground up to unlock the value of operational, sensor and network-generated Big Data to reduce the economic and technology risk associated with deploying a traditional business intelligence solution. Guavus Big Data analytics solutions include the Guavus Reflex platform integrated with a suite of analytics applications that enable intelligent and timely decision-making. Amt: 30.00M; Round: Series D; Investor(s): Intel Capital, Artiman Ventures, Investor Growth Capital, QuestMark Partners, Sofinnova Ventures
- Knowledge Holdings (knowledgeadventure.com) Torrance, California: Knowledge Holdings, through its subsidiary, Knowledge Adventure, offers kids’ software, creating educational products for use in the home and the classroom. Knowledge Adventure’s JumpStart and MathBlaster products invite kids to learn through gaming adventures in 3D virtual worlds. Amt: 26.80M; Round: Series D; Investor(s): Azure Capital Partners, TeleSoft Partners, Random House Ventures
- JanRain ( janrain.com ) Portland, Oregon: Janrain offers the Janrain User Management Platform (JUMP) which helps organizations succeed on the social web by providing technology to leverage the popularity of social networks and identities for user acquisition, engagement, and enhanced customer intelligence. Amt: 19.90M; Round: Series C; Investor(s): Emergence Capital Partners, RPM Ventures, DFJ Frontier, Millennium
- Streetline ( streetline.com ) San Mateo, California: Streetline builds solutions to problems in city management and operations, through the design and application of new sensing technologies. The Company’s parking management system offers cities control and oversight of complex inventory of on- and off-street spaces, and forms the backbone for other sensing solutions that lower city costs and improve public services. Amt: 25.00M; Round: Series C; Investor(s): RockPort Capital Partners, True Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, Qualcomm Ventures, Fontinalis Partners, Citi Ventures
- Peerless Network ( peerlessnetwork.com ) Chicago, Illinois: Peerless Network is focused on simplifying the interconnection process for telecommunication companies, service providers and enterprises via end office, tandem, and advanced routing services. Amt: 15.00M; Round: Debt; Investor(s): Square 1 Bank
- ScaleArc ( scalearc.com ) Santa Clara, California: ScaleArc is a provider of database infrastructure software that simplifies the way database environments are deployed and managed, and lowers costs without any changes to applications or databases. Amt: 12.30M; Round: Series C; Investor(s): Accel Partners, Trinity Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners
- Tongal ( tongal.com ) Marina del Rey, California: Tongal offers creative people the opportunity to work with brands and companies that need new and original video content. Most Tongal projects are broken down into multiple phases, for example, Ideation, Production and Distribution, allowing writers, directors, actors, and animators to focus on what they do best. Everyone can also get paid to promote winning videos, predict awarded spots and discover new talent. Amt: 15.00M; Round: Series A; Investor(s): Insight Venture Partners
- Mirantis ( mirantis.com )Mountain View, California: Mirantis delivers OpenStack cloud and open source application infrastructure. Its focus is vendor-independent cloud implementation uncompromised by opaque hooks or proprietary packaging. Amt: 10.00M; Round: Growth Equity; Investor(s): Intel Capital, Dell Ventures, WestSummit Capital
- Scout Analytics ( scoutanalytics.com ) Issaquah, Washington: Scout Analytics is a behavioral analytics company focused on helping online services maximize the value of customer engagement. Amt: 7.50M; Round: Series C; Investor(s): Ignition Partners, RRE Ventures, OVP Venture Partners
- Art.com ( art.com ) Emeryville, California: Art.com is an online specialty retailer of high-quality wall art. The company offers millions of art images (including posters, art prints, photographs, tapestries, wall signs, limited editions and hand-painted originals); custom framing and specialty printing; interactive visualization tools to help people find the perfect piece of art for their space; and mobile apps that let users explore art from a selection of curated collections, on the go. Amt: 6.24M; Round: Series B; Investor(s): Benchmark Capital, Stripes Group, Polaris Venture Partners, Saints Capital
- Kwarter ( kwarter.com ) San Francisco, California: Kwarter builds fun, social, and rewarding mobile experiences to engage viewers. The company’s apps include FanCake, TBS Social Dugout, and Bud Light’s Sports Fan. Amt: 5.03M; Round: Series A; Investor(s): T-Venture
- Refinery 29 ( refinery29.com ) New York, New York: Refinery29 is an online daily local newsletter editions and website for discovering new fashion trends. The company connects an audience of users with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools needed for a beautiful life. Amt: 3.52M; Round: Series B; Investor(s): Floodgate
- GlobalServe ( global-serve.com ) Valhalla, New York: GlobalServe provides a robust and modular lifecycle technology platform that gives organizations global control and visibility over every IT asset in every location, from initial acquisition to final disposal. Amt: 3.28M; Round: Series F; Investor(s): Hudson Ventures, Compugen
- UIEvolution (uievolution.com ) Bellevue, Washington: UIEvolution is a provider of convergence tools, technology and product design helping its customers deliver rich applications across a wide variety of technology platforms. Amt: 2.00M; Round: Undisclosed; Past Investor(s): Ignition Partners, Square Enix, Inspire Corporation, Intel Capital, ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corp, MMV Financial
- Mizhe.com ( mizhe.com ) China: Mizhe.com has developed an online shopping guide that offers discounts for shoppers on top Chinese e-tailers. Amt: 1.60M; Round: Series A; Investor(s): IDG Ventures China
- Sensorly (sensorly.com ) France: Sensorly develops products and services to help operators improve network quality. The company’s free application, available for Android and Apple iOS devices, offers coverage maps across 40 countries covering all wireless technologies, from 2G to 4G as well as Wifi. Amt: 1.32M; Round: Series A; Investor(s): Elaia Partners
- Streamweaver ( streamweaver.com ) Nashville, Tennessee: Streamweaver is a multi-angle mobile video app that connects users with friends to record simultaneously. Amt: 1.30M; Round: Seed VC; Investor(s): Mountain Group Capital
- Alive.cn ( alive.cn ) Hong Kong: Alive.cn is an online network that connects celebrities and sponsors for creative collaborations. The company enables collaboration between celebrities and sponsors to co-develop new brands and celebrity product lines for the Greater China market. Amt: 0.55M; Round: Angel
For a list of all the deals that closed or deals that closed like your company contact me:
To learn about our educational Webinars visit us at www.RedHookCapital.com or for the Webinar the 21st via GoToWebinar: http://alturl.com/hvx2b or https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5671687043462755328