Contact Red Hook Capital about deals that closed in your industry!
Investor Network Nights every Monday at 6pm Pacific! Learn more at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
DEALS THAT CLOSED JANUARY 2013:
LINKS TO POSTING WITH DEALS:
Deal from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-cU
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eC
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eh
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-ep
Information is provide from Associated Press, CBinsights, Forbes, Google News, Reuters, TheDeal Pipeline, Venture Beat, and other third parties sources. Readers need to check for accurate at companies own website or press release.
INVESTOR NETWORK NIGHTS:
Hear two people pitch and learn more about grants from Naval Health Research Center former Navy Officer in charge! Learn about Red Hook Capital’s management buy out (MBO) program! Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6370085834619177216
1) Do you have any deals $4+ million ebitda? Contact JD about an investor! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
2) If you do not have $4+ million in EBITDA, try pitching at Investor Network Nights your great deal (the key word is it is a Great deal). Contact InvestorNetworkNights@gmail.com anytime!
DEALS THAT CLOSED:
- AppNexus, a New York-based online advertising platform, has raised $75 million in Series D funding.Technology Crossover Ventures led the round, and was joined by Venrock and Tribeca Venture Partners. The company now has raised more than $140 million in total VC funding. www.appnexus.com
- Bluebox, a provider of enterprise cloud hosting and managed services, has raised $4.3 million in Series A funding co-led by Founders Collective and Voyager Capital. Bluebox has offices in both Seattle and New York City. www.bluebox.net
- CircuitHub, a San Jose, Calif.-based electronics design facilitator, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Google Ventures, Y Combinator and individual angels like Paul Buchheit and Matt Cutts.www.circuithub.com
- Extole, a San Francisco-based social advocacy platform, has raised $7.6 million in VC funding from return backers Shasta Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Trident Capital.www.extole.com
- Front Flip, a Leawood, Kansas–based loyalty marketing company, has raised $3.75 million in Series B funding. Jon Darbyshire (founder of Archer Technologies) led the round, and was joined by individuals like Peter Brown (CEO of AMC Entertainment) and Gary Fish (CEO of FishNet Security).www.frontflip.com
- Goal Zero, a Bluffdale, Utah-based developer of portable solar power systems, has raised $7 million in VC funding from Mercato Partners. www.goalzero.com
- KnowRe, a South Korea-based developer of an online adaptive learning service for mathematics, has raised $1.4 million in VC funding from SoftBank Ventures Korea. www.knowre.com
- Leyden Energy Inc., a Fremont, Calif.-based maker of lithium-ion batteries, has raised $10 million in Series C funding. Return backers include New Enterprise Associates, Lightspeed Ventures, Sigma Partners and Walden International. www.leydonenergy.com
- OLO, a New York-based online and mobile ordering platform for restaurants, has raised $5 million in Series B funding. PayPal was joined by return backers Core Capital Partners, RRE Ventures and David Frankel. www.olo.com
- ParkMe, a Santa Monica, Calif.-based provider of database and analytics software for parking locations and availability, has raised an undisclosed amount of new VC funding. Angeleno Group led the round, and was joined by return backers Fontinalis Partners and IDG Ventures. www.parkme.com
- Recondo Technology, a Greenwood Village, Colo.-based developer of healthcare payment processing software, has raised $20 million in growth equity funding from Bregal Sagemount.www.recondotech.com
- ReliOn, a Spokane, Wash.-based provider of fuel cell solutions for backup power and grid-support applications, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic equity funding from Cummins Inc.(NYSE:CMI). www.relion-inc.com
- Solegear Bioplastics Inc., a Vancouver-based developer of bioplastic technologies, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from Best Buy Capital. The company previously raised Series A funding from Yaletown Venture Partners. www.solegear.ca
- Tradeshift, a London-based social network for businesses, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from Intuit. The company previously raised around $24 million from Notion Capital, Ru-Net Holdings and Kite Ventures. www.tradeshift.com
- True Office, a New York-based company that gamifies regulatory and compliance, has raised $3 million in Series A funding. Backers included Rho Ventures, the Partnership for New York City Fund and Contour Venture Partners. www.trueoffice.com
- Wercker, a Dutch developer of cloud-based continuous delivery solutions, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding. Shamrock Ventures led the round, and was joined by Greylock Partners and Vitulum Ventures. www.wercker.com
- WizIQ, a provider of SaaS-based virtual classroom software for teachers, has raised $4 million in Series B funding led by Kaizen, an India-based private equity fund focused on the education sector. Bertelsmann also participated. www.wiziq.com