Join us for pairing dinners before or after great events such as Opal’s Alternative Asset or CLO conference. We just had great events at Ritz in Orange County on the ocean.
THINK: “Take time for the ones you love as our time is limited” – JD
ACTION: Plan to take some time off before your next business trip with your family.
BOTTOMLINE: Join us for one of our great events that based on fun and making good friends.
• Earny, a Santa Monica, Calif.-based personal financial service, raised $9 million in Series A funding led by Mayfield and was joined by investors including Comcast Ventures and Science Inc. (IN knows Comcast)
• VirtualHealth, New York City-based provider of population health and care management technologies, raised $7 million from investors led by Edison Partners. (IN knows Edison)
• Kespry, a Menlo Park, Calif.-based aerial intelligence solution provider, raised $33 million in Series C funding led by G2VP, and was joined by investors including Shell Technology Ventures, Cisco Investments, and ABB Ventures (IN knows Shell)
• Noodle Partners, a New York firm that helps colleges decrease the cost of online higher education, raised about $14 million in Series A funding led by Owl Ventures.
• Pilotworks, New York City-based a community of food entrepreneurs formerly known as FoodWorks, raised $13 million in Series A funding led by Techstars Ventures and Acre Venture Partners.
• Hellobike, a Shanghai, China bike-sharing firm, raised $350 million in its latest funding round from investors including Alibaba’s Ant Financial.
• ChemomAb, a Tel Aviv, Israel-based biopharmaceutical firm, raised $10 million in funding led by OrbiMed Israel and Peter Thiel, who were joined by investors including SBI Japan-Israel Innovation Fund and Milestone Venture.
• NS8, an Arlington, Va.-based ecommerce fraud prevention provider, raised $7.5 million in funding led by Arbor Ventures, and was joined by investors including TDF Ventures and Hanna Ventures.
• IRONSCALES, a Tel Aviv-based cybersecurity company that combines human intelligence with machine learning to automatically detect phishing emails, raised $6.5 million in Series A funding from investors including K1 Investment Management and RDC.
• Guardian Optical Technologies, a Tel Aviv, Israel-based sensor technology maker for automobile manufacturers, raised $5.1 million in Series A funding from Maniv Mobility and Mirai Creation Fund.
• Powerful, a Miami-based food and beverage company, raised $4 million from two separate funding rounds from investors including Cambridge Companies SPG, River Hallow Partners and Gerber Finance.
• Continuum Security,a Spain-based threat modeling startup, raised €1.5 million ($1.7 million) in funding, led by Swanlaab Venture Factory and was joined by investors including JME Venture Capital and Sonae IM.
• Stateless, a Boulder, Colo.-based firm allowing network functions to be consumed through the “as a service” model, raised $1.4 million in a seed round led bySpeedinvest and was joined by investors including Techstars, EVO Venture Partners, PV Ventures, and Service Provider Capital.
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website as this a beta blog and will not be updated.
Happy Networking and Investing,