Contact Red Hook Capital about deals that closed in your industry!
Investor Network Nights every Monday at 6pm Pacific! Learn more at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
DEALS THAT CLOSED JANUARY 2013:
LINKS TO POSTING WITH DEALS:
Deal from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-cU
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eC
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eh
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-ep
Information is provide from Associated Press, CBinsights, Forbes, Google News, Reuters, TheDeal Pipeline, Venture Beat, and other third parties sources. Readers need to check for accurate at companies own website or press release.
100+ early stage deals and 100+ M&A deals this year! Contact JD Morris about private companies / deals that closed in your industry!
DEALS THAT CLOSED:
- AppDynamics Inc., a San Francisco-based application performance management solution, has raised $50 million in Series D funding. Institutional Venture Partners led the round, and was joined by return backers Greylock Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Lightspeed Venture Partners.www.appdynamics.com
- Apperian Inc., a Boston-based provider of enterprise mobile application management solutions, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from Intel Capital. The company has now raised a total of $28 million, including prior investments from Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and North Bridge Venture Partners. http://www.apperian.com
- Manhattan Labs, a regional clinical laboratory serving the New York tri-state area, has raised $3.7 million in VC funding led by return backer Trevi Health Capital. http://www.manhattanlabs.com
- Prosper, a San Francisco-based peer-to-peer lending platform, has raised $20 million in new VC funding. Sequoia Capital led the round, and was joined by return backers like Accel Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Crosslink Capital, Omidyar Network, TomorrowVentures and Volition Capital. The company also said that it has hired former Wells Fargo executive Stephan Vermut as CEO.www.prosper.com
- Puppet Labs, a Portland, Ore.-based provider of IT automation software for system administrators, has raised $30 million in equity funding from VMWare Inc. (NYSE: V). The company previously raised around $15.5 million from VMWare, Cisco Systems, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures and Radar Partners. http://www.puppetlabs.com
- Simply Measured, a Seattle-based provider of social media analytics, has raised $8 million in new VC funding. Bessemer Venture Partners led the round, and was joined by MHS Capital and existing angel investors. http://www.simplymeasured.com
VIDEO OF WEEK:
Tim Draper & Company takes on Howard Morgan & Company for best Venture Capital video See our Christmas post for First Round’s great video: http://redhookcapital.me/2012/12/21/first-round-capital-and-the-omg-happy-holiday-from-them-via-video/