Contact Red Hook Capital about deals that closed in your industry!
Investor Network Nights every Monday at 6pm Pacific! Learn more at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
DEALS THAT CLOSED JANUARY 2013:
LINKS TO POSTING WITH DEALS:
Deal from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-cU
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eC
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eh
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-ep
Information is provide from Associated Press, CBinsights, Forbes, Google News, Reuters, TheDeal Pipeline, Venture Beat, and other third parties sources. Readers need to check for accurate at companies own website or press release.
INVESTOR NETWORK NIGHTS:
More than 50 investors expressed interest in our deals for the Preview of Investor Network Nights, so we look forward to a big event on January 21st!
To learn about our educational Webinars visit us at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
VC DEALS THAT CLOSED:
After dominating deal share in Q3 2012, Seed VC funding settled back down to Q2 2012 levels, dropping to 30% in Q4. Funding levels by stage remain largely consistent with prior quarters. For 2012, VCs invested $28.3 billion in 3267 deals, CB Insights reports. We use five reporting systems like CB Insights to provide a market report on Private Equity, Venture Capital, Private Notes, and other capital needs. Contact JD Morris via e-mail or phone.
Sample deals reported closed by Accredited Investors/VCs/PEGs:
- 15Five, a San Francisco-based developer of a time-saving solution for employee-employer communications, has raised $1 million in seed funding from Richmond Global. Other backers include 500 Startups, Jason Calicanis, Ben Parr, Ben Ling and Matt Brezina. www.15five.com
- 360incentive.com an Ontario–based provider of on-demand incentives solutions, has raised C$7.65 million in VC funding. OMERS Ventures led the round, and was joined by Klass Capital and Round 13 Capital. www.360incentives.com
- Ayasdi, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based developer of an insight discovery platform that combines advanced mathematics, computer science and visualization, has raised $10.25 million in Series A funding co-led by Khosla Ventures and Floodgate Fund. www.ayasdi.com
- Electricite de France SA and state-owned CDC Infrastructure are leading two remaining consortia in the auction for Total SA‘s gas storage unit TIGF, according to the WSJ. TIGF could sell for between €2.5 billion and €3 billion. The EDF group also includes the Government of Singapore Investment Corp., and Italian energy company Snam SpA. The CDC Infrastructure group also includes AXA Private Equity, Predica, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority and Fluxys Belgium SA.
- Fusion Coolant Systems, a University of Michigan tech transfer spinout that provides a CO2 dry coolant and lubrication system for use in manufacturing, has raised $600,000 in Series A funding. The Frankel Fund led the round, and was joined by The Amherst Fund, Automation Alley, Detroit Enterprise Fund, First Step Fund and The Michigan Pre-seed Fund. www.FusionCoolant.com
- HMV (LSE: HMV), a British music and entertainment retailer, filed for administration late Monday. According to the FT, suitors could include Better Capital and Hilco. www.hmvgroup.com
- Linsalata Capital Partners has acquired Stag-Parkway Inc., an Atlanta-based distributor of aftermarket RV parts and accessories to RV dealers in the United States, from Ares Capital. No financial terms were disclosed, except that Babson Capital Management provided an equity co-investment and subordinated debt. www.stagparkway.com
- LoopIt, a Cambridge, Mass.-based developer of a social conversation engine for ecommerce, has raised an undisclosed amount of new VC funding led by Avalon Ventures. www.loopit.com
- OnApp, a London-based provider of software that powers enterprise cloud, CDN and storage services, has raised around $20 million in Series B funding led by LDC. www.onapp.com
- PICS Auditing LLC, an Irvine, Calif.-based provider of contractor prequalification and compliance SaaS solutions, has raised $35 million in equity funding from Norwest Venture Partners.www.picsauditing.com
- The Pritzker Group has acquired Intersystems, an Omaha-based maker of material handling equipment serving the global agriculture industry. No financial terms were disclosed.www.pritzkergroup.com
- Symform, a Seattle-based provider of a cloud storage network, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Second Century Ventures, the venture arm of the National Association of Realtors. This was part of a previously-announced $11 million Series B round from WestRiver Capital, OVP Venture Partners and Longworth Venture Partners. www.symform.com
- Versartis Inc., a Redwood City, Calif.-based developer of therapeutics for patients with endocrine disorders, has raised $25 million in Series C funding. Aisling Capital led the round, and was joined by return backers Index Ventures, New Leaf Venture Partners and Advent Venture Partners.www.versartis.com
- UpCity (f.k.a. DIYSEO), a Chicago-based provider of solutions for small businesses looking to increase website traffic, has raised more than $2 million in second-round funding. I2a Fund, Firestarter Fund and RIME Communications Capital were joined by return backers Daylight Partners and Harris Preston & Partners. www.upcity.com
- Zettaset, a Mountain View, Calif.-based provider of secure big data management solutions, has raised $10 million in Series B funding. HighBar Ventures led the round, and was joined by DFJ and Epic Ventures. www.zettaset.com
Want to know what is the value of your company? If you have $4+ million in EBITDA, Red Hook Capital will provide you a valuation. A company in most cases make the strongest buyers and investors in a deal. Today we profile my old company, Lookheed Martin. Lookheed Martin invest and buy & sells more deals a year than the top private equity firms.
DEALS THAT CLOSED (CLICK FOR MORE):
PROFILE LOOKHEED MARTIN:
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation’s net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion.
LOCKHEED ACQUIRES CDL SYSTEMS LTD.
Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] announced the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of CDL Systems Ltd., a software engineering firm that specializes in the development and licensing of vehicle control station software for unmanned systems. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed and are not material to Lockheed Martin.
CDL Systems has developed an open, standards-based, and commercial off-the-shelf software product that has been integrated into numerous unmanned vehicle platforms. The company’s products are designed on low-cost, interoperable, and open architecture systems to support government and civil applications around the world, with more than one million hours of operational use. CDL Systems was founded in 1992 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with offices in Calgary and Huntsville, Ala.
Read More: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/news/press-releases/2012/december/lockheed-martin-acquires-assets-of-cdl-systems-ltd.html
Happy Investing and Networking,
Learn more about JD Morris: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris
Learn about Investor Network Nights: https://accreditedinvestornetwork.wordpress.com/investor-network-event/