|• Advent International will acquire Brammer International, a British publicly-traded industrial parts distributor, for 221.5 million pounds ($274.8 million). The offer represents a premium of 69% to Brammer’s closing price Tuesday.
• Shockwave Medical, a Freemont, Calif.-based startup focused on the treatment of calcified cardiovascular disease, has closed $45 million in Series C financing led by Sectoral Asset Management, with participation from T. Rowe Price Associates and existing investors Sofinnova Partners, Venrock, RA Capital, Deerfield, and Ally Bridge Group.
• Zola, a New York-based wedding registry site co-founded by Kevin Ryan, has raised $25 million in Series C funding at a $200 million valuation led by Lightspeed, according to TechCrunch.
• Knowlarity Communications, a New Delhi-based telephony company has raised Rs 133-crore ($20 million) in Series C funding led by Delta Partners Capital, alongside existing investors Mayfield Fund and Sequoia India.
• 8i, a Wellington, New Zealand-based virtual reality startup backed by Founders Fund, has raised $20 million in Series B preferred stock, according to an SEC filing.
• Heal, a Santa Monica-based on-demand app for doctor house calls, has raised $14.8 million in new funding, according to an SEC filing.
• Soul Machines, an Auckland, N.Z.-based developer of avatars, has raised $7.5 million in Series A funding led by Horizons Ventures with Iconiq Capital.
• ItemMaster, a Chicago-based provider of “certified brand content,” has raised $7.5 million in Series A financing round from Edison Partners with participation from Chicago Ventures.
• Instaclustr, a Canberra, Australia-based open source data platform, has raised $7 million in investment led by Bailador Technology Investmentswith participation from new investor Our Innovation Fund LP and existing investor ANU Connect Ventures.
• Hornet, a San Francisco-based gay social network, has raised $8 million in funding led by Ventech China.
• Maple Hill Creamery, a Stuyvesant, New York-based producer of organic dairy items, has taken an investment of undisclosed size from Sunrise Strategic Partners.
• Hopper, a Cambridge, Mass.-based travel startup, has raised $3.5 million in new equity funding, according to an SEC filing.
• Agricool, a France-based argiculture startup, has raised €4 million ($4.3 million) in funding from Daphni and angel investors.
• Cashboard, A Berlin-based wealth management startup has raised €3 million ($3.1 million) in Series A funding led by Digital Space Ventures with participation from existing investors Redalpine Capital, Earlybird, and 500 Startups.
DISCLAIMER: We us AP, Bloomberg, CB Insight, Forbes, Reuters, and many other third party resources to review deals. Please check with companies website for best information.