Just for fun as the blog is on hold!
One of our friends has an amazing popcorn deal that has raised more than $5 million and has buyers already talking to them!
Popcorn??? Hershey agreed to buy Amplify Snack Brands, the owner of Tyrell’s potato chips and SkinnyPop popcorn for $921 million.
FYI: We are still looking at Unicorn deals and Moonshot deal, but we love EBITDA deals!
JD meeting with friends at The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe (false Unicorn sighting)
PIPELINE ( Venture Capital )
• Virgin Hyperloop One, a Los Angeles-based tubular transit system startup, agreed to raise $50 million in funding, according to Axios. Investors include Caspian Venture Capital and DP World. Read more.
• Leadspace, a San Francisco and Tel Aviv-based B2B audience management platform for marketing and sales, raised $21 million in Series C funding. Arrowroot Capital and Jerusalem Venture Partners led the round.
• Huddly, an Oslo, Norway-based developer of a easy-to-use video collaboration technology, raised $10 million in Series C funding. Graham Williams led the round.
• Spotlite recently raised more than $10 million from Sequoia Capital China and BlueRun Ventures. The plan is to use the funding to build out the product, make key hires and expand its marketing and advertising efforts.
• Univercells, a Belgium-based provider of biomanufacturing solutions, raised $3.56 million in Series A funding. The investors included Takeda Ventures Inc.
• Aunt Fannie’s, a Portland-based CPG company focused on microbiomic cleaning products and pest solutions, raised $2.375 million in Series A. Investors include Monica Nassif, David Charne, and Stuart Erickson.
• Reniac Inc, a San Jose, Calif.-based developer of intelligent data-aware architecture for applications, servers, and data stores, raised funding of an undisclosed amount from Intel Capital.
Happy Investing & Networking,