Contact Red Hook Capital about deals that closed in your industry!
Investor Network Nights every Monday at 6pm Pacific! Learn more at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
DEALS THAT CLOSED JANUARY 2013:
LINKS TO POSTING WITH DEALS:
Deal from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-cU
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eC
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eh
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-ep
Information is provide from Associated Press, CBinsights, Forbes, Google News, Reuters, TheDeal Pipeline, Venture Beat, and other third parties sources. Readers need to check for accurate at companies own website or press release.
Google crowdfund, crowdfunding, etc. and you can read for months or years about it! Crowdfunding is a dream in my view, but dreams do come true! However, Google “EB-5” in the news and you will see results. Round One: EB-5 one vs. Crowdfunding zero for investors!
The Good: Crowdfunding deals are working today and no investors = no SEC.
The Bad: Crowdfunding for regular investors is years away from seeing results thanks to the SEC.
The Ugly: Crowdfunding works today, so will the SEC end a good thing!
Bottom Line: Go to non-Crowdfunding event if you want funding!
Learn about our events for accredited investors to future investor through crowdfunding at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
DEALS THAT GOT FUNDED
More deals will be added in next 24 hours, but here are a few deals:
- Atlas Powered LLC, a Santa Monica, Calif.-based mobile platform that streamlines business productivity on smartphones, has raised $700,000 in seed funding. Backers include Tech Coast Angels, Maverick Angels and Pasadena Angels. www.getatlas.com
- Adometry Inc. (f.k.a. Click Forensics), an Austin, Texas-based provider of cross-channel attribution solutions, has raised $8 million in new VC funding. Shasta Ventures led the round, and was joined by return backers Austin Ventures and Sierra Ventures. The company previously raised around $21 million.www.adopmetry.com
- BuyBox, a France-based provider of social payment solutions for ecommerce companies, has raised €1.7 million in VC funding from Iris Capital and Midi Capital.
- Emerging Threats, a Lafayette, Ind.-based provider of open source and commercial threat and malware intelligence, has raised over $1 million in seed funding from Elevate Ventures, HALO Capital Group and Lawrence Ventures. www.emergingthreats.net
- Fixmo, a Toronto-based provider of mobile security and risk management solutions, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from Samsung Ventures. Existing Fixmo investors include Motorola Solutions Venture Capital, Paladin Capital Group, Horizons Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Rho Ventures Canada, iNovia Capital and Extreme Venture Partners. www.fixmo.com
- Kaneq Bioscience Ltd., a Montreal-based developer of an inhibitor for treating type 2 diabetes mellitus, has raised an undisclosed amount of VC funding from TVM Life Science Ventures.
- Iconicfuture, a Hamburg, Germany-based developer of branded virtual items in social games, virtual worlds and mobile applications, has raised €2.5 million in Series B funding from Creathor Ventures.www.iconfuture.com
- iPinYou, a Chinese demand-side platform, has raised $20 million in new VC funding. China Broadband Capital led the round, and was joined by Japan’s Vangoo Investment Partners and return backer Forward Capital. www.ipinyou.com.cn
- Ceterix Orthopaedics Inc., a Menlo Park, Calif.–based provider of surgical tools for arthroscopic procedures, has raised $19.5 million in Series B funding. Novo Ventures led the round, and was joined by return backers Versant Ventures and 5AM Ventures. www.ceterix.com
- Kareo Inc., an Irvine, Calif.-based provider of billing software for small medical offices, has raised $20.5 million in Series F funding led by Stripes Group, as first reported by VentureWire. The company previously raised more than $20 million from VC firms like OpenView Venture Partners, Greenspring Associates and Western Technology Investments. www.kareo.com
- Optimal, a San Francisco-based media acquisition and optimization platform, has raised $7 million in Series B funding. DoubleRock, The Social Internet Fund, Siemer Ventures, Signal Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank were joined by return backers like Stonnington Asset Allocation Fund, Neu Ventures and WGI Group. www.optimalsocial.com
- Parallels, a Renton, Wash.-based provider of hosting and cloud service enablement and desktop virtualization, has raised an undisclosed amount of equity funding from Cisco Systems. Existing Parallels shareholders include Intel Capital, Insight Venture Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners.www.parallels.com
- PayNearMe, a Mountain View, Calif.-based cash payment network, has raised $10 million in Series D funding. August Capital led the round, and was joined by return backers Khosla Ventures, Maveron, and True Ventures. www.paynearme.com
- BuildingIQ Inc., a San Mateo, Calif.-based provider of building energy management software, has raised $9 million in VC funding. Backers include Aster Capital, Siemens Venture Capital and Paladin Capital.www.buildingiq.com
- Radius, a San Francisco-based provider of sales and marketing intelligence for targeting the small business market, has raised $12.4 million in Series B funding led by American Express.www.radiusintel.com
- Syapse, a Palo Alto, Calif.–based provider applications that apply omics to routine medical use, has raised an undisclosed amount of Series A funding led by The Social+Capital Partnership.www.synapse.com