You do not have to be a Unicorn to take Venture Capital money. Remember that Unicorns are for show and dragons are for dough! Below are this weeks non-unicorns!
DISCLAIMER: This is a beta blog. The information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website or venture capital firm for a press release as this is a beta blog that does not update information.
• Nozomi Networks Inc, a San Francisco-based provider of real-time cybersecurity and operational visibility for industrial control systems, raised $30 million in Series C funding. Investors include Planven Investments SA, GGV Capital, Lux Capital, Energize Ventures and THI Investments.
• Softomotive, a company focused on Robotic Process Automation (RPA), raised $25 million in Series A funding, from Grafton Capital.
• Netradyne, a San Diego, Calif.-based company developing artificial intelligence technology focusing on driver and fleet safety, raised $21 million in Series B funding. Investors include Reliance Industries Limited (through its subsidiary RIIHL) M12, and Point72 Ventures.
• Guardhat, a Detroit-based internet of things industrial safety technology developer, raised $20 million in Series A funding. RTP Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including 3M Ventures, Caterpillar Venture Capital, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, SVB and DVP.
• LiveSafe, an Arlington, Va.-based provider of a mobile safety communications platform, raised $11 million in Series B-1 funding. Investors include Hearst, Enterprise Investment Partners, L.P, IAC, Dave Duffield, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, GXPI, and the Kilberg family.