Today’s deal of the day is Urban Plates because we just love the place (good food = I am here).
RECENT VENTURE CAPITAL DEALS
- Urban Plates, a Cardiff, California-based, upscale fast-casual restaurant brand, closed a $38m growth and working capital facility
- ReGrained, a San Francisco, CA-based mission-driven ingredient platform and packaged goods company that leverages patented technology to transform food manufacturing byproduct into superfoods, closed out its $2.5m seed financing
- Mode, a San Mateo, CA-based IoT cloud platform to connect devices, raised $3m in Series A funding
- Edge Intelligence, a Boston, MA-based developer of a geographically distributed analytics platform built for both edge computing and hybrid cloud environments, raised $3m in seed funding
- MouSensor, Inc., a New York City-based biotechnology company that develops a novel platform to digitize the sense of smell, raised $3.3M in its seed funding round
- GigaIO, Inc., a Carlsbad, CA-based provider of data center network architecture and connectivity solutions, closed a $4.5M Series A funding
Continue reading “Investor Network with focus on Venture Capital Deals 20180926”
INVESTOR NETWORK NIGHTS:
More than 50 investors expressed interest in our deals for the Preview of Investor Network Nights, so we look forward to a big event on January 21st!
To learn about our educational Webinars visit us at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
VC DEALS THAT CLOSED:
After dominating deal share in Q3 2012, Seed VC funding settled back down to Q2 2012 levels, dropping to 30% in Q4. Funding levels by stage remain largely consistent with prior quarters. For 2012, VCs invested $28.3 billion in 3267 deals, CB Insights reports. We use five reporting systems like CB Insights to provide a market report on Private Equity, Venture Capital, Private Notes, and other capital needs. Contact JD Morris via e-mail or phone.
Sample deals reported closed by Accredited Investors/VCs/PEGs:
- 15Five, a San Francisco-based developer of a time-saving solution for employee-employer communications, has raised $1 million in seed funding from Richmond Global. Other backers include 500 Startups, Jason Calicanis, Ben Parr, Ben Ling and Matt Brezina. www.15five.com
- 360incentive.com an Ontario–based provider of on-demand incentives solutions, has raised C$7.65 million in VC funding. OMERS Ventures led the round, and was joined by Klass Capital and Round 13 Capital. www.360incentives.com
- Ayasdi, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based developer of an insight discovery platform that combines advanced mathematics, computer science and visualization, has raised $10.25 million in Series A funding co-led by Khosla Ventures and Floodgate Fund. www.ayasdi.com
- Electricite de France SA and state-owned CDC Infrastructure are leading two remaining consortia in the auction for Total SA‘s gas storage unit TIGF, according to the WSJ. TIGF could sell for between €2.5 billion and €3 billion. The EDF group also includes the Government of Singapore Investment Corp., and Italian energy company Snam SpA. The CDC Infrastructure group also includes AXA Private Equity, Predica, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority and Fluxys Belgium SA.
- Fusion Coolant Systems, a University of Michigan tech transfer spinout that provides a CO2 dry coolant and lubrication system for use in manufacturing, has raised $600,000 in Series A funding. The Frankel Fund led the round, and was joined by The Amherst Fund, Automation Alley, Detroit Enterprise Fund, First Step Fund and The Michigan Pre-seed Fund. www.FusionCoolant.com
- HMV (LSE: HMV), a British music and entertainment retailer, filed for administration late Monday. According to the FT, suitors could include Better Capital and Hilco. www.hmvgroup.com
- Linsalata Capital Partners has acquired Stag-Parkway Inc., an Atlanta-based distributor of aftermarket RV parts and accessories to RV dealers in the United States, from Ares Capital. No financial terms were disclosed, except that Babson Capital Management provided an equity co-investment and subordinated debt. www.stagparkway.com
- LoopIt, a Cambridge, Mass.-based developer of a social conversation engine for ecommerce, has raised an undisclosed amount of new VC funding led by Avalon Ventures. www.loopit.com
- OnApp, a London-based provider of software that powers enterprise cloud, CDN and storage services, has raised around $20 million in Series B funding led by LDC. www.onapp.com
- PICS Auditing LLC, an Irvine, Calif.-based provider of contractor prequalification and compliance SaaS solutions, has raised $35 million in equity funding from Norwest Venture Partners.www.picsauditing.com
- The Pritzker Group has acquired Intersystems, an Omaha-based maker of material handling equipment serving the global agriculture industry. No financial terms were disclosed.www.pritzkergroup.com
- Symform, a Seattle-based provider of a cloud storage network, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Second Century Ventures, the venture arm of the National Association of Realtors. This was part of a previously-announced $11 million Series B round from WestRiver Capital, OVP Venture Partners and Longworth Venture Partners. www.symform.com
- Versartis Inc., a Redwood City, Calif.-based developer of therapeutics for patients with endocrine disorders, has raised $25 million in Series C funding. Aisling Capital led the round, and was joined by return backers Index Ventures, New Leaf Venture Partners and Advent Venture Partners.www.versartis.com
- UpCity (f.k.a. DIYSEO), a Chicago-based provider of solutions for small businesses looking to increase website traffic, has raised more than $2 million in second-round funding. I2a Fund, Firestarter Fund and RIME Communications Capital were joined by return backers Daylight Partners and Harris Preston & Partners. www.upcity.com
- Zettaset, a Mountain View, Calif.-based provider of secure big data management solutions, has raised $10 million in Series B funding. HighBar Ventures led the round, and was joined by DFJ and Epic Ventures. www.zettaset.com