Contact Red Hook Capital about deals that closed in your industry!
Investor Network Nights every Monday at 6pm Pacific! Learn more at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
DEALS THAT CLOSED JANUARY 2013:
LINKS TO POSTING WITH DEALS:
Deal from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-cU
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eC
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-eh
Deals from January short link: http://wp.me/pdtXq-ep
Information is provide from Associated Press, CBinsights, Forbes, Google News, Reuters, TheDeal Pipeline, Venture Beat, and other third parties sources. Readers need to check for accurate at companies own website or press release.
INVESTOR NETWORK NIGHTS:
Hear two people pitch and learn more about grants from Naval Health Research Center former Navy Officer in charge! Learn about Red Hook Capital’s management buy out (MBO) program! Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6370085834619177216
1) Do you have any deals $4+ million ebitda? Contact JD about an investor! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
2) If you do not have $4+ million in EBITDA, try pitching at Investor Network Nights your great deal (the key word is it is a Great deal). Contact InvestorNetworkNights@gmail.com anytime!
DEALS THAT CLOSED:
- AppNexus, a New York-based online advertising platform, has raised $75 million in Series D funding.Technology Crossover Ventures led the round, and was joined by Venrock and Tribeca Venture Partners. The company now has raised more than $140 million in total VC funding. www.appnexus.com
- Bluebox, a provider of enterprise cloud hosting and managed services, has raised $4.3 million in Series A funding co-led by Founders Collective and Voyager Capital. Bluebox has offices in both Seattle and New York City. www.bluebox.net
- CircuitHub, a San Jose, Calif.-based electronics design facilitator, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Google Ventures, Y Combinator and individual angels like Paul Buchheit and Matt Cutts.www.circuithub.com
- Extole, a San Francisco-based social advocacy platform, has raised $7.6 million in VC funding from return backers Shasta Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Trident Capital.www.extole.com
- Front Flip, a Leawood, Kansas–based loyalty marketing company, has raised $3.75 million in Series B funding. Jon Darbyshire (founder of Archer Technologies) led the round, and was joined by individuals like Peter Brown (CEO of AMC Entertainment) and Gary Fish (CEO of FishNet Security).www.frontflip.com
- Goal Zero, a Bluffdale, Utah-based developer of portable solar power systems, has raised $7 million in VC funding from Mercato Partners. www.goalzero.com
- KnowRe, a South Korea-based developer of an online adaptive learning service for mathematics, has raised $1.4 million in VC funding from SoftBank Ventures Korea. www.knowre.com
- Leyden Energy Inc., a Fremont, Calif.-based maker of lithium-ion batteries, has raised $10 million in Series C funding. Return backers include New Enterprise Associates, Lightspeed Ventures, Sigma Partners and Walden International. www.leydonenergy.com
- OLO, a New York-based online and mobile ordering platform for restaurants, has raised $5 million in Series B funding. PayPal was joined by return backers Core Capital Partners, RRE Ventures and David Frankel. www.olo.com
- ParkMe, a Santa Monica, Calif.-based provider of database and analytics software for parking locations and availability, has raised an undisclosed amount of new VC funding. Angeleno Group led the round, and was joined by return backers Fontinalis Partners and IDG Ventures. www.parkme.com
- Recondo Technology, a Greenwood Village, Colo.-based developer of healthcare payment processing software, has raised $20 million in growth equity funding from Bregal Sagemount.www.recondotech.com
- ReliOn, a Spokane, Wash.-based provider of fuel cell solutions for backup power and grid-support applications, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic equity funding from Cummins Inc.(NYSE:CMI). www.relion-inc.com
- Solegear Bioplastics Inc., a Vancouver-based developer of bioplastic technologies, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from Best Buy Capital. The company previously raised Series A funding from Yaletown Venture Partners. www.solegear.ca
- Tradeshift, a London-based social network for businesses, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from Intuit. The company previously raised around $24 million from Notion Capital, Ru-Net Holdings and Kite Ventures. www.tradeshift.com
- True Office, a New York-based company that gamifies regulatory and compliance, has raised $3 million in Series A funding. Backers included Rho Ventures, the Partnership for New York City Fund and Contour Venture Partners. www.trueoffice.com
- Wercker, a Dutch developer of cloud-based continuous delivery solutions, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding. Shamrock Ventures led the round, and was joined by Greylock Partners and Vitulum Ventures. www.wercker.com
- WizIQ, a provider of SaaS-based virtual classroom software for teachers, has raised $4 million in Series B funding led by Kaizen, an India-based private equity fund focused on the education sector. Bertelsmann also participated. www.wiziq.com
100+ early stage deals and 100+ M&A deals this year! Contact JD Morris about private companies / deals that closed in your industry!
DEALS THAT CLOSED:
- AppDynamics Inc., a San Francisco-based application performance management solution, has raised $50 million in Series D funding. Institutional Venture Partners led the round, and was joined by return backers Greylock Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Lightspeed Venture Partners.www.appdynamics.com
- Apperian Inc., a Boston-based provider of enterprise mobile application management solutions, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from Intel Capital. The company has now raised a total of $28 million, including prior investments from Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and North Bridge Venture Partners. http://www.apperian.com
- Manhattan Labs, a regional clinical laboratory serving the New York tri-state area, has raised $3.7 million in VC funding led by return backer Trevi Health Capital. http://www.manhattanlabs.com
- Prosper, a San Francisco-based peer-to-peer lending platform, has raised $20 million in new VC funding. Sequoia Capital led the round, and was joined by return backers like Accel Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Crosslink Capital, Omidyar Network, TomorrowVentures and Volition Capital. The company also said that it has hired former Wells Fargo executive Stephan Vermut as CEO.www.prosper.com
- Puppet Labs, a Portland, Ore.-based provider of IT automation software for system administrators, has raised $30 million in equity funding from VMWare Inc. (NYSE: V). The company previously raised around $15.5 million from VMWare, Cisco Systems, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures and Radar Partners. http://www.puppetlabs.com
- Simply Measured, a Seattle-based provider of social media analytics, has raised $8 million in new VC funding. Bessemer Venture Partners led the round, and was joined by MHS Capital and existing angel investors. http://www.simplymeasured.com
VIDEO OF WEEK:
Tim Draper & Company takes on Howard Morgan & Company for best Venture Capital video See our Christmas post for First Round’s great video: http://redhookcapital.me/2012/12/21/first-round-capital-and-the-omg-happy-holiday-from-them-via-video/
RED HOOK CAPITAL BLOG:
Every work day, we will post deals that closed! Angel, Venture Capital, Private Equity, and other deals that are funded.
Visit www.RedHookCapital.com or www.RedHookCapital.me for an update on today’s M&A, Angel, Venture Capital, Private Equity, and other deals.
RED HOOK CAPITAL SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITES:
Every work day, we will post deals that are closed! Angel, Venture Capital, Private Equity, and other deals that are funded.
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InvestorNetwork
Visit us soon for more information on Facebook, LikedIn, and other location on the Web.
Happy Investing and Networking,
Google crowdfund, crowdfunding, etc. and you can read for months or years about it! Crowdfunding is a dream in my view, but dreams do come true! However, Google “EB-5” in the news and you will see results. Round One: EB-5 one vs. Crowdfunding zero for investors!
The Good: Crowdfunding deals are working today and no investors = no SEC.
The Bad: Crowdfunding for regular investors is years away from seeing results thanks to the SEC.
The Ugly: Crowdfunding works today, so will the SEC end a good thing!
Bottom Line: Go to non-Crowdfunding event if you want funding!
Learn about our events for accredited investors to future investor through crowdfunding at: http://redhookcapital.me/investor-network-event/
DEALS THAT GOT FUNDED
More deals will be added in next 24 hours, but here are a few deals:
- Atlas Powered LLC, a Santa Monica, Calif.-based mobile platform that streamlines business productivity on smartphones, has raised $700,000 in seed funding. Backers include Tech Coast Angels, Maverick Angels and Pasadena Angels. www.getatlas.com
- Adometry Inc. (f.k.a. Click Forensics), an Austin, Texas-based provider of cross-channel attribution solutions, has raised $8 million in new VC funding. Shasta Ventures led the round, and was joined by return backers Austin Ventures and Sierra Ventures. The company previously raised around $21 million.www.adopmetry.com
- BuyBox, a France-based provider of social payment solutions for ecommerce companies, has raised €1.7 million in VC funding from Iris Capital and Midi Capital.
- Emerging Threats, a Lafayette, Ind.-based provider of open source and commercial threat and malware intelligence, has raised over $1 million in seed funding from Elevate Ventures, HALO Capital Group and Lawrence Ventures. www.emergingthreats.net
- Fixmo, a Toronto-based provider of mobile security and risk management solutions, has raised an undisclosed amount of strategic funding from Samsung Ventures. Existing Fixmo investors include Motorola Solutions Venture Capital, Paladin Capital Group, Horizons Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Rho Ventures Canada, iNovia Capital and Extreme Venture Partners. www.fixmo.com
- Kaneq Bioscience Ltd., a Montreal-based developer of an inhibitor for treating type 2 diabetes mellitus, has raised an undisclosed amount of VC funding from TVM Life Science Ventures.
- Iconicfuture, a Hamburg, Germany-based developer of branded virtual items in social games, virtual worlds and mobile applications, has raised €2.5 million in Series B funding from Creathor Ventures.www.iconfuture.com
- iPinYou, a Chinese demand-side platform, has raised $20 million in new VC funding. China Broadband Capital led the round, and was joined by Japan’s Vangoo Investment Partners and return backer Forward Capital. www.ipinyou.com.cn
- Ceterix Orthopaedics Inc., a Menlo Park, Calif.–based provider of surgical tools for arthroscopic procedures, has raised $19.5 million in Series B funding. Novo Ventures led the round, and was joined by return backers Versant Ventures and 5AM Ventures. www.ceterix.com
- Kareo Inc., an Irvine, Calif.-based provider of billing software for small medical offices, has raised $20.5 million in Series F funding led by Stripes Group, as first reported by VentureWire. The company previously raised more than $20 million from VC firms like OpenView Venture Partners, Greenspring Associates and Western Technology Investments. www.kareo.com
- Optimal, a San Francisco-based media acquisition and optimization platform, has raised $7 million in Series B funding. DoubleRock, The Social Internet Fund, Siemer Ventures, Signal Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank were joined by return backers like Stonnington Asset Allocation Fund, Neu Ventures and WGI Group. www.optimalsocial.com
- Parallels, a Renton, Wash.-based provider of hosting and cloud service enablement and desktop virtualization, has raised an undisclosed amount of equity funding from Cisco Systems. Existing Parallels shareholders include Intel Capital, Insight Venture Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners.www.parallels.com
- PayNearMe, a Mountain View, Calif.-based cash payment network, has raised $10 million in Series D funding. August Capital led the round, and was joined by return backers Khosla Ventures, Maveron, and True Ventures. www.paynearme.com
- BuildingIQ Inc., a San Mateo, Calif.-based provider of building energy management software, has raised $9 million in VC funding. Backers include Aster Capital, Siemens Venture Capital and Paladin Capital.www.buildingiq.com
- Radius, a San Francisco-based provider of sales and marketing intelligence for targeting the small business market, has raised $12.4 million in Series B funding led by American Express.www.radiusintel.com
- Syapse, a Palo Alto, Calif.–based provider applications that apply omics to routine medical use, has raised an undisclosed amount of Series A funding led by The Social+Capital Partnership.www.synapse.com
San Diego, California – January 22, 2013 – Red Hook Capital will be creating notes to co-invest with equity investors who want to come to the USA. They will be investing $500k+ plus to create jobs. Contact JD Morris with Red Hook Capital to attend an educational Webinar about investing in notes with EB-5 VISA equity investors. Let us help build jobs not one at a time, but 10+ at a time! The note will be created by escrow company that specializes in notes, the deals are real estate deals by a tier one real estate company, and deal will be structured by tier one law firm.
ABOUT EB-5 VISA:
The EB-5 visa for Immigrant Investors is a United States visa created by the Immigration Act of 1990. This visa provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who invest money in the United States. To obtain the visa, individuals must invest $1,000,000 (or at least $500,000 in a “Targeted Employment Area” – high unemployment or rural area), creating or preserving at least 10 jobs for U.S. workers excluding the investor and their immediate family. Initially, under the first EB-5 program, the foreign investor was required to create an entirely new commercial enterprise; however, under the Pilot Program investments can be made directly in a job-generating commercial enterprise (new, or existing – “Troubled Business”), or into a “Regional Center” – a 3rd party-managed investment vehicle (private or public), which assumes the responsibility of creating the requisite jobs.
Read more via Wikipdia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eb-5
ABOUT RED HOOK CAPITAL:
We provide to private companies creative capital, structured for each investment opportunity. Our wealth of experience, industry expertise, deep operating skill sets and large global network of affiliated partners position us as a vital resource from which management can draw strategic, financial and operational guidance.
RHC invests in companies across a broad range of industries and geographies. Our goal is to help management teams build long-term value that benefits all stakeholders. We structure our private equity investments based on each company’s circumstances and generally seek to invest in established businesses requiring equity capital between $10 million and $1 billion.
We look forward to hosting a VIP event for our VIP members and their friends this month at a well know golf event. Past events have been Yacht shows and other special events.
Provide a referral to JD Morris and try our VIP program for free!
Happy Investing and Networking,
P.S. Walking the plank is fun after happy hour at one of our VIP events. Gangplank that is!