Although the Journal was fun, it was time-consuming.
- Follow up, Follow up, Follow up
- Networking (see below for locations)
- Raising money for Fund of Funds
Setting up one-on-one meetings (Meet JD before or after an event)
- Tuesday, March 17th near great Irish Bar in New York City (or 5th Annual Family Office Fintech Summit)
- Thursday, March 26th near The Hills Penthouse, 8560 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (can bring one accredited investor to Forbes Council event)
- Other Dates TBA
PAST CALENDAR (DONE)
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 (20.02.26)
- Breakfast with an accredited investor
- Lunch with some amazing investors (Good Carta stories)
- Meeting with Morgan Stanely Private Wealth
- Meeting at JP Morgan Chase Private Wealth (Peter you are amazing)
- Boston Private networking event (Good people)
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- GoGhost strategy meeting
- Meeting with investment bankers to raise capital
- Lunch at Duke’s in La Jolla (fun)
- Plan for a trip to San Franciso Wednesday
Monday, February 24, 2020 (20.02.24)
- Contacted SRI friend
- Visited McLaren for alternative VR/AR strategy
- Boating in Newport Beach
Friday, February 21, 2020 (20.02.21)
- Call with Michael at MSF Capital Advisors (great person)
- Set up meetings with people in San Fransico for two family office meetings
- Work on the next Forbes Article (EBITDA consolidation or fund of funds)
- Coaching paid off and GoGhost got a term sheet from an international fund (HNWI/family office)
Thursday, February 20, 2020 (20.02.20)
- Breakfast with Jamie an amazing realtor at La Costa Resort
- Pitch strategy call with amazing PR/PA person
- Call with old private equity friend Patrick
- The unveiling of the all-electric Prosch Taycan
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 (20.02.19)
- Great meetings at my family lawyers office in Beverly Hills-ish
- Jonathan Club party by Ivan (amazing group people)
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 (20.02.17)
- Breakfast Corporate Directors Forum
- Morgan Stanley Beverly Hills
- Kimpton and Montage Hotel (Spa and Relax)
- Lunch La Scala in Beverly Hill with Ivan
Monday, February 17, 2020 (20.02.17)
- Resigned from Hedge Fund (just focusing on acquiring assets)
- Networking under acquiring asset only (new goal)
- Fund-of-funds and special purpose entities (SPEs) focus will be acquiring IP and companies to move them forward.
Sunday, February 16, 2020 (20.02.16)
- Structuring deals and investors for a few deals
- Call with international investor
Saturday, February 15, 2020 (20.02.15)
- deep thinking day (game plan next week)
- blogging for fun
- family time (movies)
Friday, February 14, 2020 (20.02.14)
- Divorce papers served (best day ever)
- Amazing calls and meetings (e.g. reconnect with SRI)
- MNDA Required ;P
Thursday, February 13, 2020 (20.02.13)
- Setting up meetings with Accredited Investors, Family Offices, and owners of self-directed IRAs.
- Confirmed investment into Voiceme.AI
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 (20.02.12)
- Call with Hedge Fund overseas (1 am call)
- Good call with fund managers for our dry powder
- Good call about making impact investing movies
- Going for a nice walk on the beach and some tea at Pannikin Coffee & Tea (looking for great Japanse Tea House).
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 (20.02.11)
- Good call with Family Office about Glass and Health company
- Good calls with friends and few accredited investors
Monday, February 10, 2020 (20.02.10)
- Setting up a radio show and streaming video
- Call with outsourced CIO organization
- Walking, Sleeping, and trying to swim (cold) at the beach
- Networking, Networking, Networking (Oil & Gas and Secure Compressed Video (better than Pie Piper))
Sunday, February 9, 2020 ( 20.02.09)
- Walking on the beach
- Blogging (Beta: The Capitalization Report)
Friday, February 7, 2020 (20.02.07)
- Meeting 9 am with a who-is-who investor talk about oil and Gas plus other deals.
- Noon call about GoGhost to NYC Family Office
- Friday is “in & out day” = pay bills & deposit checks (Ying & Yang)
Thursday, February 6, 2020 (20.02.06)
- Spent most the day recovering from my travels
- Amazing JV opportunities with family offices
- Watch my daughter team (Canyon Crest Acadamy (CCA)) win against Torrie Pines Highschool in Water Polo (JV lost).
- Amazing dinner with the founder of GoGhost
February 4, 2020 (20.02.04)
- Checked out of the Kimpton Muse in Time Square
- Breakfast with Tiffany & Co (aka Ben and cool Russian CIO)
- One of the best Family Office meetings (TBA)
- Drinks with one of the coolest Taiwan woman in the world
- Drinks with a ?th cousin (Ethan and Allen Future family office)
- Family Office mega party with Ivan = @theREALmostinterestingmanintheworld and we might need a parachute!
1/31 – 2/3 = New York City trip = from 6 am to 11 pm was in meetings (Blog Post soon)!
Thursday, January 30, 2020 (20.01.30)
- Visited accredited investors and friends with a focus on impact investing
- The Morris Team / ACG LLC (50% owner/investor) listed an amazing property for $5.2 Million in Rancho Santa Fe, CA. Learn more via this URL: https://www.zillow.com/profile/TheMorrisTeam/
- Great day, but little time to journal or think deeply = that is all folks!
Wednesday, January 29, 2020 (20.01.30)
- Breakfast at La Costa Resort (accredited investor)
- Meeting with Voiceme.AI team member = cool dude
- Meeting at Union Kitchen (former fund of funds / Wildcatter)
- Networking with possible accredited investors in Encinitas/Lucadia
- Meeting at 24 fitness with tribe of problem solvers (big problem guys)
- Call with overseas HNW
- Making appointments for visit to NYC with accredited investors and Chief Investment Officers ( CIO of Single-Family Offices).
- I wrote for my beta blog about funds and funds of funds. URL: https://investornetworkbyjd.com/2020/01/31/beta-the-capitalization-report-v20-01-31/
- Trying to pick a cool place to stay in NYC (Might picking an IHG like
Kimpton Muse Hotel or Intercontinental Hotel New York Times Square).
Tuesday, January 28, 2020 (20.01.28)
- Interviewing people for Oil & Gas article
- Interviewing people for Hedge Fund article.
- Learning about snowboard (here in Mammoth Lake, CA 93546 at 38 degrees)
- Heading to visit my kids in La Costa, CA 92009
Monday, January 27, 2020 (20.01.27)
- Learning to snowboard at Mammoth, CA
- Amazing calls with Voiceme.AI and Grain Technology
- ACG hosting a Happy Hours with amazing new friends
Thank you Ross E. & ACG for an amazing event
Sunday, January 26, 2020 (20.01.26)
- Drive to Ski Trip
- Strategy for Oil & Gas Hedge Fund
- Setup meeting Friday or Sat with amazing new friends (Baller CEO Biotech, cool lady, and ?)
January 23, 2020 (20.01.23)
- Blog about the need for land/dirt TBA
- Blog about possible movies (done)
- Calling my oil & gas friends HINT: Referrals
January 22rd, 2020 (20.01.22)
- Today in helping others = Board of Directors
- Oil Fund Deal = Special Partner
- #psbyjd from this blog posting: https://investornetworkbyjd.com/2020/01/22/psbyjd-what-i-learned-today-or-just-was-reminded/
PAST QUOTE AND OTHER GOOD STUFF
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“Work smart & hard and luck is sure to follow you” – J20.02.26.
“Every home in Southern California and most of the Southern parts of the United State should have solar on their roofs and solar-powered cars by 2024 and it is not going to happen” – J20.02.20.07P
“Sometimes is best NOT to know the facts when you are trying to have fun!” – JD20.02.18.03E
“Communications in 2020, the people with great texting and social media skills or will public speaking and the gift of gab will dominate our thinking?” – J20.02.17.07P
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far” — Theodore Roosevelt
“Majority of the time you are not speaking the language somebody needs to hear = learn DISC or “Love Language” or another verbal test to learn to speak with somebody for results” – J20.02.16.03P
“It takes time and conscious choice to listen”- Gary Chapman
“There is no place like home, there is no place like home, darn their is no place like Bay Area for funding” – J20.02.14.14P
“Say Provocative statements that intelligent people argue about fast without dotting your I’s and crossing your T’s. As life is all about fun and/or results!” Quote updated February 15, 2020 at 05:21 hours in San Diego, CA (2020.02.15)
“Working with good people always gets you great results” – J18.104.22.168P
“Do or do not, live or die! Washed hands are safe hands!” – J20.02.13.06P
“20/20 Vision in 2020” – JDM quoted January 1, 2020 (2020.01.01)
“If you gave me $100 billion and said fix capitalism, I’d say enjoy capitalism as it rules the world today and even $100 trillion could not fix it.” – J20.02.21.06P
“If you gave me $100 billion and said to take away the soft drink leadership of Coca-Cola in the world, I’d give it back to you and say it can’t be done.” – Warren Buffett
“Capitalism should not be condemned since we haven’t had capitalism” – Ron Paul
“True capitalism, libertarianism, and/or everyone’s dream of a utopian society are all a concept that can never be reached but should be strived for in the future!” – J20.02.25.07C
More to come…..
From About JDM URL: https://investornetworkbyjd.com/about-jd-morris/
LINKEDIN PROFILE: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris
J. Morris focuses on serving on the board of advisors and board of directors of several private companies. His family of Special-Purpose Vehicle (SPV) invests in a wide range of businesses. Mr. Morris has helped close more than $91 billion in deals—leading more than $7 billion in enterprise value of these deals.
He has been a speaker at various industry forums, has been quoted in numerous leading publications, and has made several appearances on Bloomberg, CNET, CNBC, ESPN, and many media outlets. Mr. Morris hosted an educational radio show about financing deals and other hot topics after Bloomberg morning news.
Mr. Morris received a B.A. in economics with mathematics from Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, where he worked in the development office to pay his way through college. He is an Omega Rho Honor Society student in Washington, D.C., with The George Washington University (GWU). JDM is currently working on finishing a two-year program under MIT Sloan Business School, as well as the MIT Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL).
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT Mr. MORRIS
Mr. Morris was able to close a difficult international backbone financing for a start-up company for $20.0 million. Dealing with the uncertainties of Brazilian government regulations, tight emerging capital markets, and choosy investors, he raised this equity capital when no other advisors were able to even look at the deal. He is highly qualified and capable.” – President & CFO of NASDAQ that he lead the IPO (Update: Retired early and does what makes him happy).
“He is first-rate, good ideas all the time and honesty all the way. Work with the Man.” – Former acting Secretary of the US Air Force (Update: Chairman of a fund of funds).
“Mr. Morris is a strategic genius. He connects the right people to make things happen at lightning speed” – Founder & CEO of Verimatrix Inc. (Update: retired and happy).
“Mr. Morris has a gift of connecting the right people at the right time. His Investor Network has a wide range of executives and family offices that have been very helpful to me in my ventures and life” – Founder & CEO of Tarana Wireless (Update: Founder & Cheif Strategy Officer).
“I have worked with him on several acquisition transactions. I have always found him to be professional and timely. Mr. Morris delivers what he says he will in the right time frame. When he is an advisor, as opposed to the principal, he seems to have a knack for getting the two parties together. When the principal, he gets his deals done.” – Partner at Nixon LLP (Update: former partner of top DC law firm).
“Mr. Morris has been a great resource in helping me learn the ins and outs of raising capital. Every opportunity that I raise capital for, I look to JD for his guidance. His relationships with investors are enormously valuable. Additionally, he has graciously allowed me to speak on his radio show which gave my venture at the time great exposure. Thanks.” – Media Consultant to Fortune 100 companies
“I have known Mr. Morris for several years and am consistently impressed with his energy and contact base. He is well connected to the VC Community and maintains relationships with the top management of many local and regional companies. He has an excellent track record of raising capital and of advising companies wishing to do so.” Consultant to Fortune 500 companies (Update: retired or does what makes him happy).
“Mr. Morris has a wide range of contact for getting results. He has wise with sage advice. – President of his class Johns Hopkins University SAIS & business partner (Update: May you rest in peace, Mr. Clark)
“Mr. Morris not only listens and learns from my stories but provides sage advice.” – Form SVP Export-Import Bank of US under Ford as well top executive on Wall Street & business partner(Update: May you rest in peace, Mr. Gregg)
“Mr. Morris has a wide source of contacts for funding. He finds the best source of capital for a particular company’s financing needs and knows how to structure the deal. He is creative, enthusiastic, and easy to work with. I am happy to recommend him to my clients and others.” Former Partner at Akerman Senterfitt LLP.
“I’ve had the pleasure of working briefly with Mr. Morris on two projects and being in a finance industry group with him. He has a combination of finance and LBO expertise, analytic skill, business connections and enthusiasm that would make him a valuable asset to most corporate or advisory boards.” – Bay Area CPA and former FENG leadership.
Join me on LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris
- This is not a solicitation to invest, but a blog designed for education and thoughts
- Investing is risky and could result in the loss of your fortune.
- Always consult with the correct advisors when making decisions
- Rember the key rules found in Universal Truths
- More disclosures coming soon