KEYWORDS: TA Associates, Platinum Equity, Pamlico Capital, ForgePoint Capital, Align Capital Partners, Grove Ventures, Praetura Ventures, Thompson Street Capital Partners, Platinum Equity, Gainline Capital Partners
- Pamlico Capital, a Charlotte, NC-based lower middle-market private equity firm focused on growth-oriented businesses, closed a new fund, at $1.4 billion
- ForgePoint Capital, a San Mateo, CA-based venture capital firm focused on cybersecurity, closed its second fund, at $450m
- Align Capital Partners, a Dallas, TX and Cleveland, OH-based private equity firm, closed its second private equity investment fund, at $450m
- Grove Ventures, a Tel Aviv, Israel-based early-stage deep tech-focused venture capital firm, closed Grove Ventures II, at $120m
- A/O PropTech, a London, UK-based venture capital and private equity firm focused on proptech, has launched with €250m
- Praetura Ventures, a Manchester, UK-based investor that backs early-stage businesses in high-value sectors, closed its second EIS fund, at £7m
- OTHER FUNDS: Atomico, Da Vinci Capital Technology Fund III, Equal Ventures Fund I, Marcy Venture Partners Fund, and others upon request to our editor’s team at JD@investornetworkbyJD.com
OTHER DEALS CLOSED
- Platinum Equity acquired Biscuit International, a Paris-based manufacturer of private label sweet biscuits. Financial terms weren’t disclosed. (See press lease below)
- Thompson Street Capital Partners will acquire Len the Plumber, a Boothwyn, Penn.-based full-service residential plumbing contractor.
- EQT Partners and OMERS agreed to acquire Deutsche Glasfaser, a German broadband provider, from KKR. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Boxwood Merger Corp. (Nasdaq: BWMC), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, acquired Atlas Intermediate Holdings, professional testing, inspection, engineering, program management and consulting services provider, from Bernhard Capital Partners for approximately $617 million.
- Flywire acquired Simplee, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based healthcare payments technology platform. Financial terms weren’t disclosed. Simplee had raised approximately $37.8 million in venture funding from investors including Social Capital and Heritage Group.
- TA Associates acquired Auction Technology Group, a London-based online platform for auctions in Europe and the United States, from ECI Partners. It also acquired Proxibid, an Omaha, Neb.-based online marketplace, from Primus Capital. The companies will be brought under the ATG umbrella. Financial terms weren’t disclosed
- IQ-EQ acquired Blue River Partners, a Dallas, Texas-based provider of outsourced solutions to alternative asset managers. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Brand Velocity Partners acquired Magma Products, a Lakewood, Calif.-based maker of cookware used in harsh marine and outdoor environments. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Blackstone is in advanced talks to acquire NIBC, a Dutch bank, at 9.85 euros per share. The deal would value NIBC at 1.44 billion euros.
- ION Investment Group recapped Broadway Technology, a New York-based provider of capital markets solutions. ION will hold a controlling stake alongside Long Ridge Equity Partners and the Broadway founders.
- Gainline Capital Partners invested in Core Health & Fitness, a Vancouver-based commercial fitness equipment manufacturer. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- OTHER DEALS UPON REQUEST BY THE STAFF OF INVESTOR NETWORK AT JD@INVESTORNETWORKBYJD.COM
PRESS RELEASE OF THE DAY
Platinum Equity Acquires Biscuit International
Press Release · February 14, 2020Acquisition Adds to Global Buyout Firm’s Momentum in Europe
LOS ANGELES (February 14, 2020) – Platinum Equity today announced the acquisition of Biscuit International, a leading European manufacturer of private label sweet biscuits.
Headquartered in Paris, Biscuit International employs approximately 1,900 people and generated sales in excess of €500m during the last 12 months, of which approximately two-thirds came from outside France.
The company markets a wide range of products with a European or local presence, including traditional biscuits and a growing portfolio of products for consumers with specific dietary requirements (organic, low-calorie, sugar-free, gluten-free, milk-free and other categories).