We have some of the most amazing Telecom advisors in our Senior Executive Advisors that done VC to IPO deals with a few amazing exits. Contact JD Morris to learn more!
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website as this a beta blog.
VENTURE CAPITAL 09-17-2018 IN PIPELINE
- HyperSat, a developer of hyperspectral imaging satellites, secured an initial $85m investment
- ZenLedger, a Seattle-based provider of tax software for cryptocurrency investors and their accountants, raised $1.5m in funding
- Jones, a New York City-based commercial insurance startup, raised $2.8m in seed funding
- Scythe, Inc., an Arlington, Va.-based provider of an attack simulation platform, raised $3m in initial funding
- Emplify, a Fishers, Indiana-based employee engagement measurement company, raised $7.5m in growth funding
- Coda Biotherapeutics, Inc., a South San Francisco, a Calif.-based preclinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a chemogenetic gene therapy platform for the treatment of intractable diseases, raised $19m in Series A financing
- Miach Orthopaedics, Inc., a Boston, Massachusetts-based company dedicated to developing bio-engineered surgical implants for connective tissue repair, raised $22.5m in Series A financing
- Atreca, Inc., a Redwood City, Calif.-based biotechnology company focused on developing novel therapeutics based on a deep understanding of the human immune response, closed a $125m Series C financing.
- Lucid Motors, a Newark, CA-based electric vehicle maker, received a US$1bn+ investment agreement with the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia.
- Dispatch, a Boston, MA-based customer-centric service logistics company, received a strategic investment of undisclosed amount
- Passageways, a Lafayette, Indiana-based provider of secure collaboration software for employees and board of directors, closed a strategic growth investment from Five Elms Capital
DEAL OF THE DAY: HyperSat, a developer of hyperspectral imaging satellites, secured an initial $85m investment.
The equity round was led by Incentrum Group. The company will use the funds for the development and launch of its commercial constellation of high-resolution hyperspectral imaging satellites.
Led by Derek Woods, Founder and CEO, HyperSat will be finalizing the procurement of two Low-Earth orbit satellites capable of imaging 200+ spectral bands with a sub-10 meter ground sample distance. These first satellites will form the foundation of what is expected to be an initial fleet of six hyperspectral remote sensing satellites.
The two first satellites are expected to be on orbit in 2020. Read More: http://www.finsmes.com/2018/09/hypersat-secures-initial-85m-equity-investment.html