Will we see dinasors turn high tech ( like Vacation By Owner (VROB) I used in 1990s ) or will the new ventures rule ( aka everyone knows airbnb ) as venture capital looks to create old business with new technology?
Let our Senior Executive Advisors that know companies like Edison Venture from fund one or recent deal with Blume Ventures fast track your deal. #seaprogram #jdmorris
IN PIPELINE VENTURE CAPITAL 09-080-2018
• Alaia Capital, a Darien, Conn.-based financial services firm, raised $5.5 million in funding. Centana Growth Partners led the round, and was joined by investors including ThirdStream Partners LLC.
• Groq, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based semiconductor startup, raised $52.3 million in funding. The target is $60 million. Groq’s previous backers include Social Capital.
• Uberall Inc, a Berlin-based provider of location marketing solutions for businesses, raised $25 million in Series B funding. HPE Growth Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including Project A and United Internet.
• Blue Medora, a Grand Rapids, Michigan-based provider of IT monitoring integration solutions, raised $10 million in funding. Edison Partners led the round.
• TripCreator, an Iceland-based provider of trip-planning solutions, raised $8 million in funding. The investors were not named.
• MarketDial, a Utah-based cloud-based software company that offers retail companies the ability to create and analyze A/B tests, has raised $7.5 million in Series A funding. Crosslink Capital led the round.
• TAPPP, a New York-based pre-paid platform enabling access to premium live sports content, has secured $5 million in Series A funding. leAD Sports/OurCrowd’s ADvantage Fund, and was joined by investors including Accomplice, Elysian Park, Go4it, Courtside VC and Sterling.VC.
• Silvernest, a Boulder, Colo.-based home sharing platform operator, raised $3 million in Series A funding. Incenter led the round.
• Vapor IO, an Austin, Texas-based developer of hardware and software solutions for edge computing, raised Series C funding of an undisclosed amount. Berkshire Partners led the round, and was joined by investors including Crown Castle.
• Miss Fresh, a China-based e-commerce startup that delivers fresh produce in 20 Chinese cities, raised $450 million in funding. Investors include Goldman Sachs and Tencent Holdings Ltd,according to Reuters. Read more.
• GreyOrange, a Singapore-based maker of advanced robotics systems for automation in distribution and fulfillment centers, raised $140 million in Series C funding. Mithril Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including Blume Ventures.
• iQIYI Inc, a China-based provider of online entertainment services, raised RMB 850 million (about $124 million) in Series A funding. Investors include China Sports Capital, a joint venture between CMC Capital Partners and Sequoia Capital, Yao Capital, IDG Capital, and Hui Ying Bo Run.
• Monese, a U.K.-based online banking platform, raised $60 million in Series B funding. Kinnevikled the round, and was joined by investors including PayPal, Augmentum Fintech and Investec’s INVC Fund.
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website as this a beta blog.ces. No financial terms were disclosed.