• Paladina Health, a Denver-based provider of healthcare services to patients through a membership-based primary care clinic, raised $165 million in funding. Investors include New Enterprise Associates, with participation from new investors Oak HC/FT, Alta Partners, and Greenspring Associates.
Sometimes it is better to copy or make something better overseas than try to enter the US market. Paidy, a Japan-based fintech startup, raised funding of an undisclosed amount from Visa.
Our BETA blog’s motto is “Say Provocative statements that intelligent people argue about fast without dotting your I’s and crossing your T’s. As life is all about fun and results!” – JD Morris
IN PIPELINE – VENTURE CAPITAL – 08-25-2018
• Evolve Vacation Rental Network, a Denver-based vacation rental management company, raised $80 million in funding. Investors include T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc, Winslow Capital Management, Foxhaven Asset Management, and Arrowmark Partners participated and are joined by existing investors Annox Capital, Allen & Company LLC, andPAR Capital Ventures.
• Upgrade Inc, a San Francisco-based consumer credit platform, raised $62 million in Series C funding. CreditEase Fintech Investment Fund led the round.
• Carmera, an operator of a road intelligence online platform for smart cities, raised $20 million in Series B funding. GV led the round, and was joined by investors including Matrix Partners.
• Robin Systems, a San Jose, Calif.-based provider of hyper-converged Kubernetes technology for big data, databases and AI/ML, raised $17 million in Series B funding. USAA Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including Hasso Plattner Ventures, Clear Ventures and DN Capital USAA.
• Simple Feast, a Denmark-based plant-food startup, raised $12 million in Series A funding. Balderton Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including 14W.
• Cloudalize, a provider of graphics processing units, raised €5 million ($5.8 million) in Series A funding. Horizons Ventures led the round.
• MyAgData, an Effingham, Ill.-based agricultural-focused data analytics company, raised $2 million in funding. The investor was Open Prairie Rural Opportunities Fund.
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website as this a beta blog.ces. No financial terms were disclosed.