$7 billion valuations for Slack? Yes $400 million plus in new funding with $7 billion-plus valuation.
BOTTOMLINE: At $7 billion valuations the IPO option looks like the only exit for investors!
More from Tech Crunch:
IN PIPELINE – PRIVATE EQUITY – 08-21-2018
|• Saxet III Minerals, a Houston-based oil and gas company, raised $100 million in funding from Post Oak Energy Capital LP.
• Sverica Capital Management acquired a majority interest in Gener8, a Sunnyvale, Calif.-based manufacturer of life science instrumentation and clinical devices. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
• General Atlantic made an investment in European Wax Center, an Aventura, Fla.-based beauty lifestyle brand franchise. Financial termsweren’t disclosed.
• Scania Growth Capital invested SEK 35 million (~$3.8 million) in Corebon AB, a Sweden-based carbon fiber startup.
• Washington Equity Partners acquired Accu-Tube Corporation, a manufacturer of highly engineered small-diameter stainless steel tubing. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
• Rizing, a portfolio company of One Equity Partners, acquired 3D Results, a Libertyville, Ill.-based professional services firm. Financial termsweren’t disclosed.
• Winchester Interconnect Corporation, a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group, acquired W- Technology Inc, a Houston, Texas-based developer of rotatable and molded connectors, precision-machined components, and specialized cable assemblies. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.