This is a beta blog with our goal of getting people to produce results. Here are few deals that closed:
• Booksy, a San Francisco-based booking app for appointment-based beauty businesses, raised $13.2 million (£9.5 million) in funding. Piton Capital led the round, and was joined by investors including OpenOcean.
• Trillium Secure, a Sunnyvale, Calif.-based provider of cybersecurity protection and data management for vehicles and fleets, raised $11 million in Series A2 funding. JAFCO led the round, and was joined by investors including Airbus Ventures, Deutsche Bahn Digital Ventures, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Tokyo Century Corp and Plug and Play Ventures.
• MeWe, a Los Angeles-based social media platform, raised $5.2 million in Series A funding. Lynda Weinman, Jack Canfield and Rachel Roy led the round.
• Postie, a direct mail platform, raised $3.5 million in seed funding. Bonfire Ventures and Crosscut Ventures led the round.
• ThetaRay, an Israel and New York City-based provider of artificial intelligence and big data analytics that offers solutions for crime prevention, operational efficiency and threat detection, raised more than $30 million in funding. Investors include Jerusalem Venture Partners, GE, Bank Hapoalim, OurCrowd and SVB Investments.
• Fever, a London-based data-led entertainment and experience company, raised $20 million in Series C funding. Atresmedia and Labtech co-led the round, and were joined by investors including Accel Partners and 14W Ventures.
• Planck Re, an Israel-based developer of artificial intelligence-based insurance data software, raised $12 million in funding. Arbor Ventures led the round, and was joined by investors including Viola FinTech and Eight Roads.
• Starcity, a San Francisco-based company that converts underutilized multi-family, hotel, and office buildings to residential co-living properties, raised $1 million in funding. Investors include Prophit Investments.
Happy Networking & Investing,
Investor Network by JD