Join us in Napa for some find food, great people, and buffet of deals (not Buffett) Contact Victoria at info@RedHookCapital.co anytime.
Here are some deals we find interesting that recently closed!
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website as this a beta blog and will not be updated. Deals go from Big to Bigger!
• ShoCard, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based blockchain-based identity management system, raised $4 million in funding. Morado and AME Cloud Ventures led the round, and were joined by investors including Storm Ventures, Danhua Capital, Correlation Ventures, Recruit Strategic Partners and Robert Tinker.
• Landos Biopharma, a Blacksburg, Va.-based emerging biopharmaceutical company, raised $10 million in Series A funding. Perceptive Advisors led the round.
• Flexport, a San Francisco-based provider of online customs brokerage and freight forwarding services, raised $110 million Series C at an $800 million pre-money valuation, according to TechCrunch. Investors include DST. Read more.
• General Electric Co is nearing a deal to sell its industrial solutions unit to ABB Ltd(SWX:ABBN) in a deal valued at $2.5 billion to $3 billion, according to Reuters.
• ZhongAn Online Property and Casualty Insurance, China’s first online-only insurer based out of Shanghai, has raised $1.5 billion in a Hong Kong offering. The company plans to debut on the exchange Sept. 28. Back in October, ZhongAn choose Credit Suisse, J.P. Morgan, and UBS to carry out the deal in the mainland—but paused due to regulatory hold ups. The company is backed by Chinese giants Tencent Holdings and Alibaba spinoff Ant Financial. Reuters
Happy Networking and Investing,
Join me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris/