Although I know KSL Capital well and hotel industry, I am sticking to my guns with more traditional EBITDA deals! However, 2017 the private equity world is alive in well (even if there is a ton dry powder).
Here is for weekend proof via raw deal dump of information!
• ClubCorp Holdings (NYSE:MYCC) is in the early stages of accepting bids from interested buyers, a list that includes private equity firms, according to a report by Reuters. KSL Capital took ClubCorp public in 2013, after acquiring it for $1.8 billion in 2006
• KKR (NYSE:KKR) has agreed to purchase Hitachi, Ltd.’s (TSE:6501) power tools unit for around $1.3 billion, according to Reuters. Read more.
• DBi Services, a Hazleton, Pa.-based provider of infrastructure management services backed by Sterling Partners, has acquired the assets of TME Enterprises, Inc., a Chesapeake, Va.-based provider of transportation and facilities management services in Virginia and Florida.
• Help at Home, a Chicago-based home care agency operator backed by Wellspring Capital, has acquired Excel Companion Care , a provider of in-home care in Pennsylvania.
• Clearview Capital has acquired Wilson Orchard & Vineyard Supply, a Yakima, Wash. provider of irrigation, planting, development, and harvesting equipment to commercial orchards and vineyards.
• AVAD Energy Partners, a Dallas.-based oil and natural gas production company, raised $77.5 million in equity funding from Pearl Energy Investments and Natural Gas Partners
• CVC Capital Partners is in advanced talks to buy MSC Software, a Newport Beach, Calif.-based software company developing simulation computer programs, for more than $800 million, including debt, according to a report by Reuters. Read more.
• Mercer Advisors, a Santa Barbara, Calif.-based provider of wealth management services backed by Genstar Capital, has acquired Novos Planning Associates, a New York City-based investment advisory firm. Financial terms were not disclosed.
• Onex (TSX:ONEX) is considering selling USI Insurance Services, according to report by Reuters. The private equity firm is hoping the deal will value the Valhalla, N.Y.-based brokerage at as much as $4 billion.
• McDonald’s (NYSE:MCD) is taking bids for up to 33% of its Japan unit, according to a the Wall Street Journal, which reports a number of private-equity are considering offers. McDonald’s owns around 50% of the Japan unit, which has a market cap of around $3.5 billion.
• Peaceable Street Capital, a Philadelphia-based specialty finance company, raised a strategic investment from SunBridge Capital Management. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
• Compass Datacenters, a wholesale datacenter developer based in Dallas, Texas, has taken an investment from RedBird Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan alongside management.
• Think project! GmbH, a Munich-based provider of project management software to the construction and engineering industries, raised an undisclosed amount in funding from TA Associates.
DISCLAIMER: Our moto is “Say Provocative statements that intelligent people argue about fast without dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s. As life is all about fun and results!” – JD Morris
“Always talk to person close to a deal to find the raw story as it is almost never as it is presented”
Happy Networking and Investing,
Host for Investor Network & Accredited Investor Networking
Find us online here:
- My Linkedin Profile
- Facebook with 3.2K plus subscribers
- Investor Network Newsletter with 70K plus members
Sign up via the form at this URL: https://investornetworkbyjd.com/investor-network/
- Accredited Investor Network with 12k plus accredited investor members
Request more information via e-mail: info@AccreditedInvestorNetworking.com
- Twitter @INbyJD has 1,504 subscribers