Sorry today is just raw data on deals that closed. Was looking over all the deals that close this month and wanted to provide a deal dump. If your thinking of investing with private equity or venture capital fund, call us for half day strategy session to provide executives that are experts in your area of interest.
We are going to give you some fun red meat in few days! As our motto is still “Say Provocative statements that intelligent people argue about fast without dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s. As life is all about fun and results!” – JD Morris
DEAL DATA DUMP
• Dashbot, a San Francisco provider of analytics software for bots, raised $2 million in seed funding. ff Venture Capital led the round, and was joined by Bessemer Venture Partners, Samsung Accelerator, Scrum Ventures, Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments, and Rembrandt Ventures.
• Dream Payments, a Toronto provider of mobile point-of-sale software and hardware for Canadian merchants, raised $1.5 million in funding from Connecticut Innovations.
• Exeger Sweden AB, a Stockholm developer of dye-sensitized solar cells, raised €5.2 ($5.5 million) from Fortum, a Finnish energy company.
• Fidzup, a Paris provider of digital marketing tools for retailers, raised $3.7 million in funding from Cap Horn and Turenne Capital, among others.
• Geenee, an image recognizing app that allows users to shop Instagram, raised $4.4 million in Series A funding. Investors included Highlight Communications AG, Constantin Media AG, Stephen Cohen and Steve Titus
• Glossier, a New York City online beauty startup, raised $24 million in Series B funding. IVP led the round.
• Grokker, a San Jose, Calif. online service for fitness, yoga, meditation, and cooking videos, raised an undisclosed amount in Series B round funding. Investors include SV Angel, First Round Capital, Khosla Ventures, Aspect Ventures, Interwest Partners, Comcast, and Correlation Ventures.
• Hyperloop Transportation Technologies, a company building a prototype of Elon Musk’s hyperloop system, raised $31.8 million in funding, according to TechCrunch.
• LogicGate, a Chicago provider of software for businesses to automate risk and compliance operations, raised $1.9 million in funding from Chicago Ventures, OCA Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners, MATH Venture Partners, Techstars Ventures, Firestarter Fund, Sandalphon Capital,and Connetic Ventures.
• Lumos Global, an Amsterdam off-grid solar firm, raised $90 million in funding from Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Pembani Remgro Infrastructure Fund, VLTCM and ICV.
• SQZ Biotechnologies, a Boston biotech company using cell therapy to treat diseases, raised $4 million in funding from Quark Ventures.
Happy Investing and Networking,