“One should use common words to say uncommon things” – Arthur Schopenhauer
Again we trying to pivot and open with quote! I have to say keep it simple from your words to your goals as it helps in getting results!
Our goal is networking for results! Our moto is “Say Provocative statements that intelligent people argue about fast without dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s. As life is all about fun, networking, and results!” – JD Morris
When working with people keep it simple, keep it core, use common words, and bottom line is focus on results (i.e. simple, core, common, etc.). However, you will need to hunt, chase, hound, pursue relentlessly, etc. being provacative, pushy, creative, etc. to get results! Must people do not take action!
FYI: I waiting for 5 plus people to send me information to move forward with just simple summary of their business! Not even full executive summary. I need a bad cop on my team!
Although you can say things have slowed down and hard to get results from people, I think it fair to say Unicorns are still trending! People are still taking actions and getting results!
Let us do two day strategy with organic and M&A strategies to help you take action and get results! 1q2016 action = people needing to meet their 2016 goals (i.e. executive bonuses based on results)! Look for lots small deals that will not make the press!
We have done deals with Spectrum Equity, GE, to name a few! More important, here is the data dump:
- Spectrum Equity has invested in Tenstreet, a Tulsa, Okla. provider of driver recruiting and workflow management software for the trucking and transportation industry. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- GE has acquired Bit Stew Systems, a Vancouver, B.C.-based machine learning platform, and Wise.io, a Berkley, Calif.-based advanced machine learning technology. Financial terms were not disclosed. Bit Stews raised $24.3 million from investors including GE Ventures, Cisco Investments, and Yaletown Partners. Wise.io raised $3.6 million from investors including Voyage Capital.
- Anchorage Capital Group and Little John & Co. have sold Contech Engineered Solutions, a West Chester, Ohio-based provider of infrastructure services for engineers, contractors, and architects, to QUIKRETE Holdings. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Five Points Capital has invested in the previously announced LNC Partners-led recapitalization of OutSolve, a Metairie, La. provider of affirmative action planning and compliance services for federal contractors.
- Rubicon Oilfield International, a Warburg Pincus portfolio company, has bought Top-Co Holding, a provider of oilfield casing, cementing and completion products. No financial terms were disclosed.
- FFL Partners has agreed to acquire Crisis Prevention Institute, a St. Louis-based provider of crisis prevention, non-violent physical intervention, and dementia care training, from Brockway Moran & Partners. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Koch Equity Development, the investment arm of Koch Industries, has invested $2.5 billion for a stake in Infor, which sells financial and manufacturing software to businesses. The deal values Infor at $10 billion. The company’s existing shareholders, including Golden Gate Capital, Summit Partners, and Management, will maintain control of the company.
- Wireless communications provider NewNet Communication Technologies, a Skyview Capital portfolio company, has agreed to sell its RCS Business to Samsung. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Bernhard Capital Partners-backed Brown & Root Industrial Services, a Baton Rouge, La.-based operator of engineering, construction, and maintenance services, has acquired MEI Group, a Malvern, Pa. full-service turnaround specialist for industrial facilities globally. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Teakwood Capital has invested in HomeSphere, a Denver provider of digital lead generation and customer retention tools for builders and contractors. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Peak Rock Capital has sold Koroseal Interior Products, a Fairlawn, Ohio-based company that distributes and manufactures commercial interior products, to Sangetsu Corp. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- FineLineTechnologies, a Norcross, Ga.-based provider of data and RFID solutions, has undergone a recapitalization from Summit Partners. Terms of the recap were not disclosed.
- Phononic, a Durham, N.C.-based provider of solid-state cooling and heating technology, closed a $71 million investment with an additional $40 million in funding from UBS’ wealth management businesses. The syndicate of investors includes GGV Capital, Lookout Capital, Eastwood Capital Corp, Venrock, Oak Investment Partners, Tsing Capital, Huaneng Invesco WLRoss, Wellcome Trust and Rex Healthcare Ventures.
DISCLIAMER: Please always check with the website of the company or investor as this information is from the Associated Press, Bloomberg, CB Insights, Forbes, Reuters, Wall Street Journal, or other 3rd party sources.
You would be amazed how many deals from ideas, accredited, Venture Capital, Private Equity, etc. are done each week! Bottom line come to SoCal (or DC, Hong Kong, London, NYC, and few other great location we know well) and let us relax, enjoy life, and make your strategy and vision unfold for 2017!
Happy Networking & Investing,
Here is our tag line: “Say Provocative statements that intelligent people argue about” fast without “dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s.” Here is where you can find us below the .JPG logo!
1. Facebook with 3.2+ subscribers (best URL)
2. My Linkedin Profile (best referrals to date)
3. Linkedin Sell Your Company with 9,527 members
4. LinkedIn Investor Network with 5,180 members
5. Investor Network Newsletter with 70K plus members
6. Accredited Investor Network with 12k plus accredited investor members
7. Tweeter @INbyJD has 1,504 subscribers
8. Tweeter @investingbyJD has 1,329 subscribers
9. Instagram Growth Capital by JD has 239 followers (just launched)
10. Pintrest (just launched)