We give our hats off to Venture Capital firms today with the quote from Robert Arnott! “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.” – Robert Arnott
RED HOOK CAPITAL TOP DEAL FLOW:
- 1.18 acres land deal in Carlsbad, CA with Ocean, Lagoon, and La Costa Resort golf course views for development ( www.TheMorrisTeam.com is the syndication contact ).
- Android gaming system company ( JD Morris is the syndication contact ).
- Music artist direct sales portal ( JD Morris is the syndication contact ).
DEALS THAT CLOSED:
- Bespoke Post, a subscription-based e-commerce startup, raised $850,000 in seed funding from Great Oaks VC, 500 Startups, Brad Harrison Ventures, 1-800 Flowers’ investing arm, and several angels.
- Centzy, a search engine for local businesses, raised $1.6 million in seed funding from Cowboy Ventures, Founder Collective,Lightbank, ff Venture Capital, and strategic angels found on AngelList.
- Choose Energy, which allows consumers to compare electricity plans, raised a $4 million Series A fundraising round from KPCB and Stephens Capital Partners.
- Deliv, a same-day delivery service, closed a $1 million seed funding round. The funding came from General Catalyst, Redpoint Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Operators Fund, and PivotNorth.
- Fanzy, a marketing app company, raised $550,000 in seed funding from Kima Ventures, Paolo Rubatto’s Start Capital, and OREFA.
- GreenLancer, a web-based solar energy engineering company, secured more than $275,000 in private funding from a syndicate of Michigan-based investors.
- Joyride, maker of voice-activated mobile apps, raised $1 million in seed funding from Freestyle Capital, Cowboy Venture Fund, and angel investor Seth Goldstein.
- Rev.com, a freelance marketplace, raised $4.5 million in Series A financing led by Globespan Capital, with participation from Craig Sherman and Austin Ligon.
- Pasteurization Technology Group (PTG), raised $5 million in funding from Canadian-based EIC Ventures, as well as Kennington.
- Playdek, a gaming publisher, raised $3.8 million in Series A funding led by Qualcomm Incorporated, with participation from IDG Ventures, ff Venture Capital, Deep Fork Capital, Greycroft Partners, Jarl Mohn and angel investors.
- Simpler, an employee onboarding company, raised $1.25 million from Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Khosla Ventures, SV Angel, Data Collective, AngelPool, Kenny Van Zant, Alex Bard, Gary Benitt, Elad Gil, Sid Henderson and Formation8.
- Sherpa, a virtual personal assistant app for Android-powered mobile devices, raised a $1.6 million seed round. The money came from unnamed angel investors.
- Showpad, a service that turns tablets into sales and presentation tools, raised a $2 million Series A funding round from Hummingbird Ventures.
- SoSocio, an app that lets users turn their Facebook photos into books, raised $600,000 in second round funding from a European consortium of private investors led by VC Brooklyn Ventures from The Netherlands.
Information provide by Associated Press, CB Insight, Crunchbase, Forbes, Market Watch, Rueters, and other sources. Please check company website for best information.
Happy Investing & Networking,
Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/InvestorNetwork
Bespoke Post, , Brad Harrison Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Founder Collective,Lightbank, Choose Energy, KPCB, Stephens Capital Partners, Deliv, General Catalyst, Redpoint Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Operators Fund, PivotNorth, Fanzy, Kima Ventures, OREFA, GreenLancer, Joyride, Freestyle Capital, Cowboy Venture Fund, Seth Goldstein, Rev.com, Globespan Capital, Craig Sherman, Austin Ligon, Pasteurization Technology Group (PTG), EIC Ventures, Kennington, Playdek, IDG Ventures, ff Venture Capital, Deep Fork Capital, Greycroft Partners, Jarl Mohn, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Khosla Ventures, SV Angel, Data Collective, AngelPool, Kenny Van Zant, Alex Bard, Gary Benitt, Elad Gil, Sid Henderson, Formation8, Sherpa, Hummingbird Ventures, SoSocio, VC Brooklyn Ventures, Red Hok Capital, JD Morris, Land Deal, Angel Deal, Venture Capital Deal