TODAY’S HOT NEWS!
Look out First Round Capital! Looks like Hunter Walk ( Linden Labs / Google / YouTube / angel investor ) and Stya Patel ( Twitter / AdSense / Battery Ventures ) are forming a debt fund of $25 million / incubator!
Forture: The new firm is called Homebrew, and is raising $25 million for its debut fund. According to documents viewed by Fortune, the investment strategy would be to back technology startups that “enable the people-based economy” for both consumers and enterprises. The portfolio would be fairly concentrated — fewer than two dozen companies — with around half being incubations and the other half being seed-stage financings.Homebrew would offer a variety of services to portfolio companies — co-location space, recruiting, etc. — and also would provide a small slice of carried interest to entrepreneurs (kind of like what First Round Capital has done).
DEALS THAT CLOSED
Information provide by Associated Press, CB Insight, Crunchbase, Forbes, Market Watch, Rueters, and other sources. Please check company website for best information as the about information is from 2nd hand resources.
Below are deals from this week:
- DropShip Commerce, a provider of virtual supply chain management solutions, has raised $4.3 million in VC funding. The company’s founders invested $2.8 million, and were joined by Kickstart Seed Fund, Peterson Ventures and David Cohen. Read more: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130204005335/en/DropShip-Commerce-Announces-Funding-Led-Kickstart-Seed
- Legend3D Inc., a 3D visual effects and conversion company, has raised $8 million in Series B funding co-led by return backers Augustus Ventures and Northwater Capital. Read more: http://www.businesswire.com/news/montrealgazette/20130204005355/en/Legend3D%E2%80%99s-Rapid-Growth-Supported-8-Million-Venture
- Livefyre, the leading provider of real-time social media software for businesses, brands and media, today announced the closing of its Series C round of funding. The $15 million investment, bringing Livefyre’s total funding to date to over $20 million, was led by U.S. Venture Partners (USVP) and included existing digital media investors Greycroft Partners, Cue Ball, HillsVen Group, and ff Venture Capital. The funding allows Livefyre to build on its aggressive growth, expanding to new markets and continuing its reputation of innovation for its existing and future customers. Read More: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/livefyre-raises-15-million-in-series-c-funding-to-bring-social-and-real-time-to-the-rest-of-the-web-2013-02-06
- Piston Cloud Computing Inc., the enterprise OpenStack(TM) company, today announced it has raised $8 million in Series B funding. The investment will be used to fuel product development, meet the needs of Piston Cloud’s rapidly expanding customer base and further deliver on the company’s vision for mass adoption of OpenStack. Cisco Systems Inc., Data Collective and Swisscom Ventures join Divergent Ventures, Hummer Winblad and True Ventures as principal investors. Read More: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/piston-cloud-closes-8-million-in-series-b-funding-to-accelerate-openstack-adoption-2013-02-05
- PhishLabs today announced it has completed a $1.2 million Series A round of venture financing. The investor syndicate includes security industry veteran Tony Prince, former chief executive officer of managed security services company LURHQ, which was acquired by SecureWorks in 2006. Read More: http://www.fortmilltimes.com/2013/02/04/2474907/phishlabs-secures-series-a-funding.html
- Rover, a online marketplace connecting dog owners with local dog sitters, has raised $7 million in Series B funding. Foundry Group led the round, and was joined by return backer Madrona Venture Group. Read more: http://www.crunchbase.com/company/rover-com
Information provide by Associated Press, Crunchbase, Forbes, Market Watch, Rueters, and other sources. Please check company website for best information as the about information is from 2nd hand resources.
INVESTOR NETWORK EVENTS:
Mon, Feb 11, 2013 6:00 PM pacific is “INVESTOR NETWORK NIGHTS” Registration URL: Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4078452914057477376
Mon, Feb 18, 2013 6:00 PM pacific is “INVESTOR NETWORK NIGHTS”- Registration by via Email to Victoria at InvestorNetworkbyJDMorris@gmail.com
Mon, Feb 25, 2013 6:00 PM pacific is “INVESTOR NETWORK NIGHTS” – Registration URL: by via Email to Victoria at InvestorNetworkbyJDMorris@gmail.com
Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/InvestorNetwork