Keywords: Paidy Inc, PayPal Ventures, Soros Capital Management, JS Capital Management, Tybourne Capital Management, Goldman Sachs Japan, Mizuho Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Crunchbase, OMERS Ventures, Emergence, Mayfield, Cowboy Ventures, Verizon, Freetrade, Draper Esprit, Workforce Logiq, The Carlyle Group, Engage Talent, Engage Talent, Refinery Ventures, Ventures, Revolution Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, High Alpha Capital, Graham Partners, Gatekeeper Systems Inc, HKW. Financial, Tech Data, DLT Solutions, Mill Point Capital, Yellow Wood Partners, Dr. Scholl’s, Burger King India, Everstone Capital, Altas Partners, Altas Partners Holdings II LP, ALICE Technologies, Merus Capital, Blackhorn Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Fitbit, Alphabet, Google
NOTE FROM EDITOR
InvestorNetwork (IN) provides several Reports with IN Capital Report highlighting a wide range of deals of interest by its editor, JD Morris. Our goal is to engage people offline or online via LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media about deals.
IN CAPITAL REPORT v19.309
- Paidy Inc., a Japan-based payment provider offering instantly-issued credit, raised $143 million in Series C funding, including $60 million in debt financing. Investors include PayPal Ventures, Soros Capital Management, JS Capital Management, and Tybourne Capital Management. The debt financing is from Goldman Sachs Japan, Mizuho Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank.
- Crunchbase, a San Francisco-based provider of private-company prospecting and research solutions, raised $30 million in Series C funding. OMERS Ventures led the round and was joined by investors including Emergence, Mayfield, Cowboy Ventures, and Verizon.
- Freetrade, a London-based provider of a mobile app for zero-commission share dealings and professional advice, raised $15 million in Series A funding. Investors include Draper Esprit.
- Workforce Logiq, which is backed by The Carlyle Group, acquired Engage Talent, a Charleston, S.C.-based predictive analytics and AI software company. Financial terms weren’t disclosed. Engage Talent had raised $9.8 million in venture funding from investors including Refinery Ventures, Ventures, Revolution Rise of the Rest Seed Fund and High Alpha Capital.
- Graham Partners acquired Gatekeeper Systems Inc, an Irvine, Calif.-based provider of intelligent cart solutions, from HKW. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Tech Data agreed to acquire DLT Solutions, a Herndon, Va.-based government IT solutions aggregator. Financial terms weren’t disclosed. The seller was Mill Point Capital.
- Yellow Wood Partners acquired Dr. Scholl’s, a footwear brand, from Bayer for $585 million.
- Burger King India, the Indian arm of the U.S.-based fast-food chain, filed to raise up to 4 billion rupees ($56.6 million) through an IPO in the country. Everstone Capital backs the firm.
- Altas Partners, a Canada-based private equity firm, raised $3 billion for its second fund, Altas Partners Holdings II LP.
- ALICE Technologies, a San Francisco-based AI-based simulation platform for construction, raised $8 million in Series A funding. Merus Capital led the round and was joined by investors including Foundamental, Blackhorn Ventures, and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
- Fitbit (NYSE: FIT) agreed to be acquired by Alphabet for $2.1 billion.
REBLOG PRESS RELEASE
TOKYO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Paidy Inc. (“Paidy”), a payment provider offering instantly-issued credit, announced additional funding worth $143 million USD. The funding was composed of a Series C extension and debt financing. Financing for the Series C extension was provided by both new and existing investors to the company, whereas the debt financing was led by four financial institutions including a Warehouse facility. According to a report on the top 20 corporate valuations (post funding) found in “Japan Startup Finance Report 2019H1”1, this investment ranks as the largest in the Fintech industry. This funding will help Paidy strengthen their balance sheet, which in turn will help accelerate their business growth.
Read more: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191031005682/en/Paidy-Announces-143-Million-USD-Funding-83
DISCLAIMER: All deal information for our Pipeline Reports are provided by 3rd party websites such as Associated Press, Bloomberg, Business Wire, Crunchbase, Forbes, Fortune, Reuters, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other sources. We advise that you check with the company website for a press release or other direct sources that are in our reports as we do not update our posting and use third-party resources to source our news.
Join me on LinkedIn via this URL: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris